Tips to improve yourself.

Be The Best You That You Can Be!

Here are a few things that I have found to help me and I hope they could help you too!

25
Be The Best You That You Can Be!
Photo by Artem Bali from Pexels

"Awareness is all about restoring your freedom to choose what you want instead of what your past imposes on you."
~ Deepak Chopra. I am the happiest I have been in a very long time! Here are a few things that I have found to help me and I hope they could help you too!

Surround yourself with people who are likeminded.

When you surround yourself with people who have similar interests or ideals, you are most likely to feel more comfortable which in turn allows you to be your authentic self. This doesn't mean you shouldn't not hang out with people who think differently, but when looking for a support system it will most likely be easier with those with similar thought processes.

Finding past times or hobbies that are a positive use of your time.

Finding things that occupy your time and you enjoy allows you to have positive alone time. Within the past year, I have a new found love for podcasts! You can educate yourself and direct your thinking in a specific way.

Set goals for yourself.

When you set goals for yourself it gives you another purpose for each day. Setting goals can help you become more self-aware. Will your actions today help or hurt your goal for the future?

Figure out what your passion is and think of it in everything you do.

When you are constantly reminding yourself of your passion/purpose, in everything you do, the closer you are to accomplishing it!

Do not compare yourself to others.

Living in the age of literally everything being plastered all over social media, it is extremely hard not to compare or become envious of others. I have to remind myself that everyone struggles and of course they aren't going to air all of their dirty laundry online. Everybody is on a different page in their journey!

Journal instead of reacting.

Many times when I become angry I open my mouth and it gets me into some trouble. But I have learned if I sit down with a pen and paper and write everything I am feeling, I can let go of the moment and not have to react because it is all out.

Try to do something kind for another person everyday.

It really is true, when you help others you truly feel better. Kind acts take your blinders off and allow you to think about someone besides yourself for a brief moment.

Be unapologetically yourself.

Not everyone is going to like you and that is okay! Stay true to yourself and the right people will come along and appreciate you for who you are.

Exercise.

I do not do this as much as I should.. But working out not only is bettering your physical health but mental health. Endorphins that are released when exercising, have been proven to make you happier.

Create a playlist that makes you happy!

I LOVE music. Sometimes just putting your earphones in and just escaping for 3 minutes is all you need to turn your whole day around!!