Ladies, Be Honest With The Boy You Like, Tell Him How You Feel
relationships

Ladies, It's Good To Be Honest With The Boy You Like, Please Share Your Feelings

No matter how scared you are.

742
hands making a heart

As girls, we're often told that we need to be chased, and we need to be pursued and that the guy needs to make the first move. And even if we do want to tell someone how we feel, it's terrifying to take that first step because you don't know how they're going to respond. Maybe you'll scare them off, maybe you'll lose their friendship, or everything will be awkward for a year and a century.

Well, it's true — it is terrifying.

But I'm here to tell you that it's OK to be honest, it's OK to be share how you're feeling, it's OK to be bold. Even though it's terrifying.

I recently had the experience of sharing with a boy that I liked him, and let me tell you I was nervous. I literally couldn't sleep and my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding. I honestly thought I was going to combust. I had no idea how he was going to react, but I knew in my heart (and from the Lord) that I needed to share how I felt. I'm a big fan of honesty. I hate games of trying to figure out how somebody feels and what this or that text means.

So, I took the step and I told him how I felt.

I told him that I sometimes thought of him as more than a friend and that I valued his friendship and just wanted to be honest. I told him that I wasn't expecting anything in return and wasn't trying to overwhelm him. I told him that whatever his response was I could handle it and hoped we both were mature enough to move forward as friends. Yes, I was scared out of my mind... but it went well.

We're still only friends. But I have no regrets.

Because not only does he know how I feel, but I know how he feels. I don't have to constantly stress over what this or that means. And luckily for me, he was a guy who could handle the truth and talk about his feelings.

Ladies, I know it's scary to be so vulnerable and risk getting hurt. But don't be afraid to open your heart. God will open and close the doors and lead you to the right place. All you can do is be yourself and be honest with yourself and the people around you. Maybe it doesn't go well, maybe it all blows up and you're disappointed. Well, then it's time for that door to close. Who wants to be with someone who can't handle an awkward conversation every now and then?

Be honest with the people you care about. Open your heart and take a chance. And give the rest to the Lord.