how to live a life for God
Religion

8 Ways To Be A Kingdom Builder

Kingdom Builder: individuals who have a purpose, principles to live by, an eternal hope, and a great community.

7925
8 Ways To Be A Kingdom Builder
Allison Blythe

We spend a good chunk of our lives building ourselves and building who we want to become. Whether that's working to become a parent, a doctor, or a teacher, or whatever you've always strived to become. Our nature is to work toward building something.

But have you ever thought about where those foundations began toward building who you are? We often begin building our lives from values. Those values usually stem from the way we were raised or our religious backgrounds.

A foundation is often referenced to with construction. When you build anything, it requires a strong foundation. And the most important foundation to build is our spiritual foundation so that no matter what happens in life, we can lean on Jesus, our rock.

Matthew 7 tells us, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house, and it fell--and great was its fall."

We are called to be Kingdom Builders for Christ. Kingdom Builders are people who have a purpose, who have principles to live by, who have an eternal hope, and who are surrounded by great people.

1. You can be a Kingdom Builder by reading His Word. 

You have to read the Bible to know the foundational concepts to start building your spiritual life. His Word is like your blueprints for an abundant life.

2. You can be a Kingdom Builder by applying His Word to your everyday life. 

After reading His Word, it's important to apply it to build a lasting structure. He is our hope to everlasting life and we should live to please Him.

3. You can be a Kingdom Builder by spending time in prayer.

Communication is how you continue building. If we didn't communicate, your foundation might have some faults. Jesus is your friend, so we can talk to Him like we do anyone.

4. You can be a Kingdom Builder by giving sacrificially. 

The Lord calls us to give to others. Give advice, give materials, and dedicate time. We have to give without hesitance to let God's blessings multiply. It's not always easy and it's a commitment we need to stay true to.

5.  You can be a Kingdom Builder by willingly forgiving.

We all make mistakes. Only God is Holy and without fault. He forgives us of all our sins even when we disappoint Him so one way we can show God's character is through forgiveness. Sometimes we make mistakes while building, so be quick to forgive because you can just as easily mess up, too!

6.  You can be a Kingdom Builder by loving others well.

Just like forgiveness, another way to show God's character is through loving others. Showing God's love is loving without borders and loving people regardless of who they are, what they look like, or what they believe. Jesus loves everyone and we also have an obligation to do so.

7.  You can be a Kingdom Builder by having patience.

Building can take a lot of time and patience. If we don't show patience toward others, we cannot expect to have a strong relationship or structure in life.

8.  You can be a Kingdom Builder by being a mentor and having a strong community.

Building takes a team and luckily, we are created to be in a community with others while serving Jesus. So make sure that you have people pouring into you so that you can become a stronger person in your faith and become a better Kingdom Builder. You also have a responsibility to pour into people so make sure you're doing your part, too!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are called to be Kingdom Builders. Every single one of us have a mission field. You don't have to go to another country to build His kingdom. I bet there are people right around the corner from you who need to hear about this hope and eternal life. Pray for eyes to see and ears to hear those needs.

Matthew 28 says, "And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

So friend, do not be afraid. The Holy Spirit is with you every step of the way and Jesus commands us to build His kingdom. Just take a step of faith, and The Lord will do the rest.