7 Reasons To Go Outside Barefoot

7 Reasons To Go Outside Barefoot

We are able to absorb the natural nutrients of Earth and become more grounded
512

We are all looking for accessible and affordable alternative preventative health care... right? If not, we should be. The truth is, there is an estimated 20 million Americans with sleep-related disorders and at least 80 common diseases related to inflammation. Therefore, we need to do whatever we can to protect our minds and bodies from the deterioration and destruction that may be soon to plague us.

That is why I am here to tell you about the 7 reasons to be barefoot outside.

When we bring our bare feet to the earth, we introduce a nutrient in the form of free electrons. This is especially important as our modern day lifestyles keep us separated from these subtle ground currents while also overcharging us. By being barefoot on the earth, as I call “Earthing,” we can reduce inflammation, counteract the energies in our environments (modern-day lifestyle, modern day object, sweat), improve sleep, and intensify wound healing.

1. Nutrient in the form of free electrons

Now is the time to understand the benefits of the free electrons made available by Earth. Whether we know it or not, we are always surrounded by objects that emit electromagnetic radiation and frequencies, also known as EMRs and EMFs. These frequencies introduce a positively charged current into our environments and bodies. Too many of these positive charges can begin to affect the natural body rhythms. Being outside barefoot is an opportunity for us to counteract the positive charges with the neutral energy from Earth. The more “grounded” we become from this process, the more likely we will be able to dissipate instead of absorbing the positive charges in our environments. In other words, the more we practice this process called Earthing, the more we will be able to counteract external energies.

2. Modern-day objects keep us separated from subtle ground currents

Modern-day objects keep us separated from Earth. Believe it or not, but the shoes we wear and the homes we live in are the number one source of disconnection. The material used in shoes, especially the soles, have separated us from the grounding energies and information. Being able to feel the direct connection with natural energies is important for the foot's sensory responses. Without this connection to the earth, the largest sensory nerve center of the body (the feet) is not able to receive the proper information it needs to communicate to the brain. Instead, the feet remain insulated and unable to conduct grounded sources. More information here

Similarly, the homes and buildings that make up our environments are made of insulating materials designed to keep us protected from the outside. Wood, synthetic carpet, and vinyl floor coverings are just a few of the most common insulated elements in our home and work environments. Some of the better alternatives that allow grounding include dirt, cement, marble, and stone. Fun fact: there are 40+ million mountain people in North Central China that work, sleep, and live solely off the nourishment from Earth. The Native Americans also use the soil for living, sleeping, and healing purposes. Getting outside barefoot briefly will introduce the benefits that these communities strive to achieve daily.

3. Modern-day objects overcharge us

Smart meters.

Wifi routers.

Cell phones.

Cell towers.

We are constantly surrounded by energy-emitting objects that overcharge our physical bodies. Without an opportunity to separate and ground ourselves, we become overcharged and overwhelmed. This is when disease and dysfunction present itself.

Katie Singer’s 2014 book “An Electronic Silent Spring” shows just how powerfully this charge can affect the body. When her son fell deathly ill after attending San Diego State University, Katie set out to find out exactly why. What she found was remarkable. Between 2005-2013, 7 employees and 3 students were reported dead from various cancers, diseases, and brain conditions. The commonality: they all frequented Room 131 at Nasatir Hall at San Diego State University.

Room 131 at Nasatir Hall was surrounded by cellular towers. There were cellular towers in and around the room. It was also in close proximity to the university Ground Wave Emergency Network “GWEN Tower,” that appears as an extra large cellular dish. These are very common in college campuses across the country. They are designed to broadcast miles and penetrate structures in order to communicate the necessary signals. The GWEN Tower located next to Room 131 at Nasatir Hall was able to broadcast at least 72 miles.

This is an extreme example of the consequences of electromagnetic pollution in our environments, but it is necessary to stress the importance of grounding ourselves regularly. Especially since we can’t always avoid what is in our environments.

4. Counteracts sweat as a conductor

You are probably wondering what sweat has to do with being grounded. The truth is, the more we sweat, the more we become a conductor of energy. This means that we are more likely to attract and absorb even the lowest levels of currents emitted by EMRs and EMFs into our environments. Therefore, by spending time outside barefoot, especially when sweaty, we are able to absorb the natural nutrients of Earth and become more grounded.

5. Benefits sleep

Remember when I discussed sensory nerves in the feet communicating with the brain? This communication is very important for hormone balance and secretion. According to James Oschman, Earthing allows for natural, daily rhythms to set the biological clock for hormone secretion that regulates activity, including sleep. By grounding ourselves with Earth energies through the process of Earthing, we are able to increase the melatonin secretion, thus improving sleep conditions.

One study found that 8 out of 12 participants had an increase of melatonin levels after Earthing. Another study found that Earthing helped to decrease cases of sleep apnea. With over 20 million Americans diagnosed with sleep apnea, being barefoot outside is one way to help counteract the rise of sleep-related disorders.

6. Reduces inflammation

The word inflammation comes from the Latin word “inflammatio,” which means to set on fire. We experience this as a complex biological response from the body to harmful stimuli (pathogens, damaged cells, irritants) that enter our environment. Inflammation originates is a protective attempt to remove the foreign agents while introducing healing. We are all susceptible to inflammation. Acute inflammation is essential for healing. It is chronic inflammation that becomes problematic. Here is a list of the most common inflammation-related diseases in order to understand the severity of inflammation on the body.

Every day, half of the American population suffers from one of 80 chronic conditions. Every year, millions die from them. This is why spending time outside, barefoot, can help to reduce the amount of inflammation that is present in our bodies. It will also improve communication between the body and mind, allowing for the natural rhythms of our bodies to help the healing process. For more information on how to use Earthing to counteract inflammation, click here. Scroll to page 59 for inflammation.

7. Improves recovery

By Earthing, we allow the free electrons from Earth to enter and penetrate the site of inflammation. This accelerates recovery time, especially for those who perform high-intensity activities. In fact, Earthing techniques were used by the 2003-2007 U.S. Tour de France teams. Earthing was introduced to the teams Sports Medicine Doctor, Jeff Spencer, during a conference by Clint Ober, the author of "Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery"? During his time as director of the U.S. team, Spencer recruited Ober to help recovery and wound healing of the cyclists. Through the use of various Earthing equipment, tissue repair and wound recovery times were accelerated. This allowed the athletes to continue competing for optimum health and endurance.

* * *

Grounding and Earthing are not just for hippies or tree huggers. They are for anyone looking to improve their health while escaping the unavoidable electric charges in our environments. It is a preventative care measure that is easily accessible and affordable for all. For maximum benefits, leave electronics at home while practicing. If that isn’t an option, try to put cell phones it in airplane mode for at least 15 minutes while outside barefoot. Now get outside and enjoy the benefits!

For online access to "Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery," click here.