Make A Change, Get Bangs

I Finally Got Bangs, And My Hairdresser Was Right

Why not? Hair grows.

264
Kerry Sheehan-Delany

I never thought I would go with my gut, but I did, and there is no turning back now. It may have taken me three years, but I can tell you I have no regrets. My hairdresser said to me and I will reiterate to you, "Anyone can get bangs. That is my job, as a stylist—to find the type of bangs that will best suit you."

She hated me when I said I was unsure if I "had the face" for them, and now I hate myself for even thinking that. I listened too much to the comments from everyone around me. Her answer was, "Why not? Hair grows," and she was absolutely right.

I am not used to them, but I do not have to be. Sometimes you need to make a change and this was the one I chose to make. There is never any harm in trying something new, even when you are unsure if you will like the outcome. If anyone tells you otherwise just go ask someone else.

It is time you do something outside your comfort zone. It always is. Doing something uncomfortable will tell you a little bit more about yourself and the world around you.

When I was looking for some inspiration, I discovered that so many people have had them. Among those are Miley Cyrus, Emma Stone, Beyonce, Lucy Hale, JLo, Emma Watson, Demi Lovato, TSwift, Selena Gomez, and the list keeps going, like the gift that keeps on giving.

I realized that countless people have tried them. It is a risk because it is different, but most people try it, and most people should. It is her job not mine to make sure I look like I can walk out those doors looking like a person.

Each new do I have had represents a new part of myself that I've discovered over the years. Whether it was red by accident (that was an interesting phase), pink or blue in the back, balyage, super short, super long, keratin, or my typical shoulder length, each one has brought a little excitement and truth to my life and truthfully my image.

Right now, some people say I look younger, some older, some say a painter, and some a professor, but when I look in the mirror I can tell you that the only person I see is myself.

Who you want to be and how you want to look is a choice and one made by you. If today is the day, I say go out with a bang and get yourself some bangs. It feels good. Just don't do it yourself...