Balling On A College Student's Budget

Balling On A College Student's Budget

Need some ideas on how to spice up your social life? Look no further!
29

Balling On A College Student’s Budget

Many of us can relate to the struggles of being in college and feeling overwhelmed by the price tag of our education. Because we invest so much of our finances in our education, sometimes we don’t have as much to spend on fun activities to make our everyday lives more enjoyable. If you’re a college student, here’s some inexpensive ways to do all the things you love and ball on a college student’s budget.

1. College-Sponsored Events

Clubs or organizations on college campuses, such as student government, often hold events on campus to give back to the students or sometimes raise money for their club. For example, my college has Free Bowling Friday where any student can bowl for free at a local bowling lane from 5 pm to 7 pm. Many campuses have perks such as these and they are a great way to have some fun with your friends and stay local.

2. Mini Golf

You’d be surprised how many mini golf businesses crop up every day, and there could be one near you. It’s usually only a few dollars per game and is so simple, anyone can play. My friends often turn to mini golf for a fun night out or sometimes even a study break. Find a mini golf course near you and get putting!

3. Movies

Another great local spot to go for some fun is the movie theatre. The best part about this option is that often times, movie theaters do a discount day where the prices are cheaper than usual. If they don’t do discount days, they may also take a student discount with your college ID. It’s a great way to see the newest flick with your friends and keep the bill low.

4. Restaurants

Just like the movie theater, many restaurants do student discounts with your college ID, keeping your pockets, and your stomach, full. No need to shell out a huge amount on dinner, just pick a local restaurant and ask if they do student discounts, problem solved!

5. Museums

If you go to school in or around a big city, museums are a popular attraction that can be relatively cheap or even free! Depending on the museum, some are free of charge or may give student discounts as well. If you want to be a little artsy and financially smart, pick a museum.

6. Sporting Events

In most cities, there is a professional sports team that people root for and going to the games can be pretty expensive…if you aren’t raking in those student discounts! Some professional sports teams, usually baseball and hockey teams, also do student discount or student rush tickets that are affordable for students. Sometimes they even come with extra perks like discounted food or opportunities to win free tickets. Also, some colleges have transportation that will take students into the city if they attend school in the suburbs. Cheap tickets and provided transportation, couldn’t get any better!

7. Laser Tag

Much like mini golf, laser tag can be a great, cheap way to have fun with a larger group of friends. It also only costs a few dollars a game, and is technically a team game so more friends can be involved.

These have always been great go-to activities for my friends and I, so if you’re looking for something to do on a Saturday night, look no further than this list!