Ballet Fitness. What is it and what are the benefits?

Ballet Fitness

32

With Ballet Fitness becoming so popular all over the world you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. It's been widely recognised for hundreds of years that ballerinas have a certain grace and poise in their posture, while their physique is typically slim, lean and strong. It goes without saying that in order to achieve such a physique, grace and strength requires ballerinas to be very fit. But, how do they achieve this? How do they get the slim and strong physique with such flexibility?

Well, although ballet is a workout in itself, ballerinas have many conditioning exercises that focus on all the key areas of strength, flexibility grace and cardio fitness enabling them to perform as they do.

So what makes ballet fitness classes different from other types of exercise? Well, there are no other methods that offer the exact same results. Ballet Fitness can compliment many other types of exercise and vice a versa. For example Pilates or Yoga will certainly compliment your ballet, but ballet fitness encompasses many elements together, challenging your body in unique ways every time you practise.

Ballet fitness includes everything from stretching and holding poses to intense Barre workouts, repetitive movements and dance workouts and the results on psychical health and wellbeing are abundant.

So now that we have an idea of what Ballet Fitness is, lets look at four of the key benefits.

What are the benefits of Ballet Fitness?

Sculpt and tone

The combination of exercises, workouts and holding poses in Ballet Fitness sculpt and tone your body especially the key muscle groups such as quads, hamstrings and gluteal muscles. So, if you've ever wondered how to get the ballerina body – it's got a lot to do with these specific methods.

Increased stamina and cardiovascular health

The regular practise and participation of Ballet Fitness classes will lead to an increase in stamina and overall cardiovascular health. This is due to the rapid change of poses and repetitive movements along with the core muscle groups being used. A good Ballet Fitness workout will certainly raise your heart rate and leave you feeling great in body and mind.

Improved flexibility

It goes without saying that active stretching is a key element of every Ballet Fitness workout and class. The stretching does not only improve flexibility but also increases blood-flow to the joints, muscles and all over the body helping you to maintain mobility and keeping everything healthy.

Cognition and mood

Due to the combination of movements, muscle groups and stretching a ballet fitness workout is exhilarating and will leave you feeling great! But, in addition to the mood boosting benefits, Ballet Fitness has many cognitive benefits. From mind body connection and improving the nervous system to engaging the brains synaptic pathways by holding numerous poses, Ballet Fitness will get you in tune with your body while developing new pathways in the brain by learning new combinations and holding complex poses.

As you can see, Ballet Fitness is not only a lot of fun, but has endless benefits for the body and mind. It's easy to see why people are talking so much about ballet fitness. And as something that can be effectively taught and practised online with numerous live and pre recorded online ballet classes, there is no reason not to give it a try!