Baker Mayfield Is The New Cleveland Goat

Move Over, LeBron, Baker Mayfield Is The New Cleveland Goat

The Browns were known for always losing, then Baker Mayfield came onto the scene.

87

On September 20th, 2018, the Cleveland Brown's received their first win since December of 2016. Finally, after 635 days of losing.

The Browns fans rallied behind our very own quarterback, Baker Mayfield, to end the game against the New York Jets to 21-17. Many believe the game was carried on the shoulders of Mayfield as he propelled for 201 passing yards during this game. As the Browns won their first game of the season at home, the city of Cleveland practically exploded from excitement and of course, the chained up Bud Light refrigerators, were finally opened.

The Browns made the fans excited and proud as they improved their season to 1-1-1.

The Cleveland Browns won their second game of the season to the Baltimore Ravens by the skin of their teeth. As the Brown's went into over time, the win of the game was just shy of one field goal to beat their division rivals. Mayfield during this game threw for 342 yards, a touchdown and one interception, leading his team to a victory.

After Greg Joseph, kicker, missed a 50-yard kick, the game was forced into overtime. Mayfield drove his team down the field and as time expired, Joseph was up to line to redeem himself, making a 37-yard field goal, giving the Brown's another victory.

As the Browns started to encounter a four-game losing streak, they were in need of some positive energy as they were heading into bye week. The Browns showed their momentum as they received a 28-16 win against the Atlantic Falcons. Mayfield accounted for completing 17 out of the 20 throws for 216 yards.

The Browns were able to end on a high note as they went into their bye week.

Then, the Browns had an exciting win against the Cincinnati Bengals, as they snatched a 35-20 victory and killed their road losing streak. The Browns had not won on the road since October 11, 2015 — with 25 straight loses away from home, the second-longest in NFL history.

Mayfield was able to account for 19 of 26 throws for 258 yards and also a single-game rookie-record four touchdowns. Mayfield averaged about 9.9 yards per attempt and connected with eight different receivers during this invigorating win.

The Browns were able to improve their season to 4-6-1, which for the Browns, is pretty good.

Mayfield, a rookie and 2018 first round draft pick by the Cleveland Browns, has been called "the Goat" by many young Brown's fans. I even have a friend that jokingly said he's going to name one of his kids after Baker Mayfield.

Mayfield may be a rookie but it's clear that his talents and leadership has given a spotlight to the Browns. Although the offense and defense for the Browns show willpower and determination to make their fans proud and happy, Mayfield shows that his rookie experience will come along way with this team.

Baker Mayfield thus far in the 2018 season has accounted for 17 touchdowns and has thrown for 2,242 yards. After LeBron James left the Cavs to join the Lakers, it seemed as though there was no hope for Cleveland sports anymore.

The Browns improving their season and having Baker Mayfield, Cleveland’s new goat. is exactly what the city of Cleveland needs.