10 Good and Bad Things About The University of Oklahoma
Life Stages

as you research more about colleges, you need to know what to expect

534
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oklahoma_Memorial_Union_-_Univ._of_Oklahoma,_Norman,_OK.jpg

So take in a breath and read about 10 good and bad things about the University of Oklahoma that sometimes OU doesn't see, hear or read about. That no matter the issue, OU should be a top choice you pick as you would like to attend or even visit.

1. Parking (bad)

As much as the university has built several and newer parking garages there still isn't enough space during the week to park, and that some parking spots are not for the public. That sometimes when you park you have to park so far that you regret even driving when the bus could have been taken.

2. No seats in the student union (bad)

When you are feeling hungry, bored, or want to relax the student union is the place to go. However at certain hours of the day when you go, it is so crowded, you cannot find a seat! Oh, how frustrating, whilst it might be cold or hot outside! As the year goes on you know the university works hard to provide everything it can to better its campus.

3. Meal exchanges cannot be used until 2:00 PM (bad)

Being a student can be exciting and also tiring, we use what we can to eat as well as use our SoonerCard. However, there is a certain time we cannot use a meal exchange until 2:00 PM. Which means from 1:00 PM until an earlier time, you cannot eat breakfast or on time lunch.

"I think the idea of meal exchange is good, but the execution currently isn't. Most days I can only stop by the union to eat around 12:00 PM-1:30 PM. So I don't get to use my swipes when I would prefer to." - Martin Suarez, Junior

4. Overpriced dorms (bad)

The amount of money that is going into the new residential buildings such as Colleges and Cross are dorms not many can afford to live in and then don't. The overpriced buildings make it hard to have any more funding whilst most students agree that we would be happier with another parking garage.

5.) Demolition of Cate Center (bad)

When you felt like having well priced, good quality food. Cate Center with Cate Restaurants was the place to go. It was within walking distance from Walker and Couch Tower for not only dormies but, the public. After it's demise, more restaurants that aren't as affordable.

6. Free stuff for students, faculty, and the public (good)

Whether it is a Monday or a mid-Thursday, campus activities will provide food, shirts, and items that are considerably free all around. Most students can admit that their wardrobe is of OU shirts they had received for free. No Student ID needed.

7. Transportation (good)

You are able by the touch of your finger on a mobile device accessing apps across Norman, Oklahoma that gets you where you need to be! Never late again. Bird, Lime, Uber, Lyft, and Cleveland Area Rapid Transit (CART). All provide access to anywhere in the Norman area. With a small fee, CART gives you access anywhere in a single ride. And if a student, whether high school or college, you get on for free.

8. Free open wifi (good)

Through 'OUGuest', you are also able to access the internet for free. All you would have to do is click connect, and agree to the terms and conditions following on another page, it is that easy! It can be accessible to the public as well as students if they so chose not to get on OU WIFI.

9. Water bottle refills (good)

Most water fountains around the campus have a filtered system that allows you to refill your water bottle at any time no matter the type of bottle. Without the pesky habit of tilting your bottle to get it filled to the top, the filtered system gives direct instructions and is a fast process.

10. Friendly environment (good)

Despite what you see or hear about the university is what you do not know is the majority of students and faculty are friendly. Even if it is crowded on days and nowhere to sit, sitting with a stranger can increase the likelihood of a friendship and help your socializing skills. You will never see a face that won't welcome you if you say hello.