Yosef Calls Clare Crawley Crazy On The Bachelorette

Would You Accept This Red Flag? 'The Bachelorette' Contestant Calls Clare Crawley Crazy On Their Date

Simple red flag or dealbreaker?

6999

Last night on "The Bachelorette," Yosef (aka the guy who was accused of sliding into women's DMs before the show began filming) continued his streak of red flags by calling Clare "crazy."

To give you a little more context, this red flag happened after Clare got very upset with the guys on her group date for not making an effort to speak to her one-on-one when the opportunity arose and an awkward silence ensued. Because of this, she was clearly embarrassed and ended up having to ask them to ask her to go for a walk, which was... painful to watch (and probably to live out).

When Clare returned to the group to share how she was feeling and why it upset her, many of the men jumped up to apologize, but Yosef took it upon himself to attempt to "speak for the group" and then proceeded to tell her "you're crazy to think we didn't all come here for you."

If someone you were dating called you crazy for thinking or feeling a certain way about something, would you accept that red flag?

Whether or not she reacted reasonably, is beside the point, because to me, the way in which someone you're dating responds to your feelings and emotions is really indicative of who they are and how well they'll be able to communicate with you during difficult moments in your relationship. For Yosef to just so easily blurt out "you're crazy for..." regardless of the context and continue as if that's his normal, go-to response is baffling to me and a huge red flag.

This alone would be enough of a dealbreaker for me to send him home, but couple that with the DM debacle from last week and you bet he'd be taking a nice limo ride outta there. Actually, 95% of Odyssey's Instagram followers who took our poll agreed with me on this last week by saying he blew it.

The other 5%, though, said they'd give him a chance to prove himself after the DM dilemma. Curious to see if last night's red flag will send that 5% the other way. I guess now only time will tell, but here's hoping Clare doesn't wait for a strike three before giving him the boot.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone you were dating called you crazy for feeling or thinking a certain way? Click here to write about it for a chance to be featured on Swoon or email taylor.mead@theodysseyonline.com with pitches.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.