Bachelorette Finale Thoughts: Becca Kufrin

Caution: Spoilers (and broken hearts) lie ahead.

100
TVLine

Becca Kufrin, ABC's Bachelorette, is engaged again!

Arie, last season's Bachelor, broke off his engagement to Becca and then proposed to the other finalist, Lauren B. Last seen broken-hearted on the intimate setting of national TV, Bachelor Nation cheered Becca on during her season of 'The Bachelorette.'

Anticipation built for Becca's second chance to "do the damn thing!"

Spunky, stylish, smart and sweet, it is of little wonder that Becca's bachelors fell at her feet. Even during the infamous 'Men Tell All' episode, each contestant only spoke highly of and kindly to Becca. A novelty, to be sure!

The only bachelor who struggled to see Becca's value was Jordan. A stereotypical male model, Jordan spent more time practicing his catwalk than winning Becca's heart. Yet, Becca still managed to positively spin her relationship with Jordan, saying, "I've never met anyone quite like him."

Narrowing down her bachelors to two men was a tearful process. During that final week, Becca told her Mom, "I don't want to hurt anyone." Her Mom replied, as many of our matter-a-fact Mamas would, "Well, you are going to have to."

Audiences nationwide oscillated between her two finalists, Blake and Garrett. ABC's cameramen played with our emotions as they kept darting the camera from Blake's boat to Garret's.

In the end, Becca's final rose was bestowed on Garrett. Of Garrett, Becca said, "You reminded me of home and you reminded me of one of the most important men in my life, and that was my dad." Her deceased Father definitely played a major role in her ultimate decision.

Well, as the show goes, Garrett proposed with a beautiful Neil Lane diamond ring. As the sun set on the picturesque Maldives, we watched the happy couple kiss and frolic in their formal wear.

On the finale's live show, the couple made their first public appearance. They wore the glow of engagement well, and even Blake supporters found themselves reveling in their lovey bliss.

As for me, I was rooting for Blake since day one. What was hard to swallow, for both Blake and I, was that Becca had been too!

Throughout the show, fans watch Becca tell the camera how she'd loved Blake since the beginning. Becca admits that Blake was her most consistent and solid relationship. When Blake asked Becca what went wrong, she says that he did nothing wrong and she simply had to follow her heart.

If I were Blake, then I would be pissed. Seriously, what kind of constructive criticism or closure does her answer supply? I was perfect and our relationship had no bumpy roads, but I am still leaving the show alone?

My righteous anger mirrored Blake's deep sadness. I felt goose-flesh when the camera showed Blake's shoulders shaking. His raw sobs encompassed all the emotions of post-proposal rejection. What can I say, when beautiful men cry, I lose my mind.

However, Blake talked with Becca on the live show. With love still shining in his eyes, Blake spoke without bitterness. He said her happiness was his happiness.

See, Blake understood that Becca's opinion was the only one that mattered.

For the half of Bachelor nation who mourned Blake's loss along with me, I think we can learn from his example.

Though his heart was sore, he was not a sore loser.

Blake's love meant putting Becca first even if that did not include him. Truly, that takes a big man.

We congratulate Becca and Garrett. We applaud Blake's heart and wish more men were like him.