Everyone, I have a confession...

I am high-key obsessed with everything related to The Bachelor franchise ("The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette," "Bachelor in Paradise," etc.), with "Bachelor in Paradise" being my absolute favorite. If you've been following the show, then you'll know about all the drama and confusion between Ashley I and Jared. Clearly, they had an extremely strong connection, but Jared always seemed to have one foot in and one foot out while messing not only with Ashley's heart but the hearts of all young women in America. Now personally, I have always rooted for them to end up together, but I figured it was long lost because of the three-year timeline in which all of this has occurred.

You may be thinking, "Hey, I think you're too emotionally invested in their relationship..."

Yes, I definitely am. However, let today (5/22/18) mark the day that I realized love isn't dead while also having approximately 80 billion epiphanies about my own love life. Ashley I. and Jared are dating! For my fellow Bachelor fans and curious souls, click here to watch the beautiful 45-minute video of Jared and Ashley explaining the story of their relationship! I cried many times, people. Many times. Essentially, for those of you who may be confused, Jared and Ashley started off as friends and kind of bounced back and forth between being something more or staying friends because they (mainly Jared I think) were scared of losing the friendship if the relationship went awry. And that, I can totally understand and wholeheartedly relate to. I think everyone can on some level. It's a tough thing to do, laying everything vulnerable on the table and giving everything that you have, knowing that you could lose it all and/or get hurt in the process. It's easier for us to hide our emotions rather than bear the humility of rejection, I think.

Honestly, that is exactly what I do. If I like someone, or even think there's a possibility that I am in love with them, I won't drop a single hint or tell anyone about it in the fear of losing that significant person in my life. I'd rather find ways to deal with just my own thoughts, feelings, and emotions rather than mine plus more, I guess. Though the video did make me realize that love will find a way if it is meant to happen, but if anything, don't let it destroy a friendship by bottling everything inside. It isn't going to do anyone any good, and it's going to break you apart.

Let me just paint you a lovely example of this as unfortunately taken from my life's events.

So my two friends and I were just minding our own business, running some errands and having ourselves a right ole bop. As we get to Kroger, I just get this terrible feeling in my gut like something bad is going to happen. Nonetheless, I tried to ignore it, and we headed in. I mean, it's freaking Kroger, so like nothing bad can happen right?

WRONG!

In hindsight, I don't think it really was as bad as it seemed, but like in the actual moment, I was an absolute wreck. As I was saying though, we began making our way through the store, and as we walked by the check out aisles, I saw a certain someone who I may or may not really like. So, of course, I ran and hid in the men's clothing aisle like any normal human would and began having an anxiety attack. All the feels just hit me, I guess, and I wouldn't say it was the greatest feeling in the world. It's just hard, having such significant feelings for someone but being terrified of the consequences that could come with expressing them.

Yet now, after watching the video, I realized that if I just stand in the men's clothing aisle anxious every time I see the guy, I'm just going to watch my life flash before my eyes, and I could lose an amazing person because of it. Right now, I need to simply be there for him and let him know that I care for him and love him, even if it isn't in the way that I wish it could be.

In the end, if two people are meant to be together, love will find a way in due time. All you can do right now, though, is express your love for that person in any way you possibly can because those feelings within you are real, and they deserve to know about them. Besides, I think keeping all of the feelings and emotions to yourself is more detrimental than what their reaction could potentially be. So I guess it's up to each of us to decide between being a bystander in our own lives or making the moves that could change everything.

Honestly, love is so unbelievably beautiful and worth it, you guys. So make the move, because even if it did end in heartbreak, what a privilege it would be to know what it feels like to love, no matter the cost.