Things to do While Babysitting

To all of my fellow babysitters in Tallahassee

Trust me, I know it can get boring here.

73

Growing up in Tallahassee consisted of constantly trying to find new things to do as summer days became long and boring.

I would swim, go to the park, see the occasional movie, and mostly spend my time inside playing pretend with my friends and family. We didn't have any big trampoline parks, zip-lining, or other exciting additions to Tally like we do now. I have come to realize that there is much more to do here than I thought.

Especially since Tally has started to grow and become more kid-friendly. I am here today to help those summer days go by faster and to keep those kiddos entertained. All of these activities will vary in price and effort for the days they are feeling too lazy to do anything.

Sky Zone

Sky Zone is somewhere the kids can jump around and let out all of the energy in their bodies. There are games to play, pits to jump in, and ways to learn new tricks while bouncing around with their friends. Definitely a fan fav.

Cat Cafe

The Cat Cafe is a new edition to Tally and is the perfect place for kids who love animals. You can enjoy time with cats of all ages and every thing you would need it provided. Easy peasy.

Fun Station

Fun Station not only has arcade games but they also have putt putt, go karts, and laser tag. And after hours of running around and playing, the kids can sit and enjoy a big pizza before heading home.

Skate World

Skate World is always a go-to. The music is always good, it has an arcade, the skating games allow the kids to win prizes, and the overall environment is enjoyable.

Zip Lining

The one thing I would've done every single day as a child without fail is zip lining. It is something fun and new for the kids to do that they won't get tired of. Tallahassee Museum's course is even more enjoyable since there are animals there to visit once you're done.

Beach Day

Alligator Point is only 45 minutes away and has public beach access for those days the kids are wanting some beach time. It is an easy drive, plenty of parking, and allows you to also get your summer tan while working. Win-win!

Flippin' Great Pinball

Flippin' Great Pinball is located in Railroad Square and has all of the pinballs you could imagine. It is a game for all ages and doesn't break the bank. Waste a few hours here while it's raining and enjoy the nostalgia of it all.

Big Easy Snowballs

Big Easy is always perfect for these hot summer days. With a plethora of flavors and seating both indoors and outdoors, it is perfect. The one located at Lake Ella also allows the kids to walk around and see the ducks. Food + seeing animals = a great time for everyone.

AMC Movie Theater

AMC is never a bad move. It allows a little rest time while enjoying a movie and that Icee you've been craving. Slide on over to Walgreens to grab your favorite candy and relax in those recliner chairs.

Bowling

What kid doesn't like bowling? It's competitive, fun to play, and is great for all ages. Some bowling alleys even have summer specials for families.

Parks Around Town

There are tons of parks around town with playgrounds and things for kids to do. Winthrop and Cascades are two of my favorites. They include jungle gyms, tennis courts, and plenty of space to run around.

Hopefully these ideas keep your summer days full of fun and the kids off of the couch. It's always fun to have lazy TV days but it's super important to keep them active when they are young. Summertime is perfect for making memories and doing all of the fun things they wanted to do during the school year. Here is the beginning of your bucket list with the kiddos.