You may be awkward or not at all, but one thing is for sure. We've all been there. Sometimes we experience these interesting situations as college students every once in awhile or everyday. Whatever the case may be, here are some instances you may be able to relate to.
1. When you aren't sure whether or not to say hi to that acquaintance from that class you just had who you happen to be making eye contact with on the street.
Do you say hi or just keep walking? This is one of the most awkward situations to be in because there's no way to tell if they're going to respond or be genuinely confused if you are waving at them.
2. When someone takes the seat you always sit in although they aren't any "assigned" seats
You've sat there every day for the past two months. This is just a genuinely dramatic let down.
3. When someone is trying to talk to you before class, but you have headphones in and don't realize.
Sometimes we're so into the music that we can't even hear the person in front of us. The struggle isn't too real if whatever you're jamming to is well worth it.
4. When you're professor calls on you and you have absolutely no idea what is happening
There are multiple ways to get out of this situation. "I'm sorry, can you repeat the question?" We've all been there.
5. When someone asks you for the notes, but you didn't take any.
There's always those times where you honestly forget that you're in class and realize you have a blank document on your computer by the time it ends. No worries...until that person you barely know you decides to DM you on Instagram to ask for them.
6. When a member of the dining hall staff gives you the complete opposite of what you ask for
I love the dining hall staff, but this is the most awkward situation to be in. Do you go back afterwards and ask for the other thing you wanted or just walk away?
7. When you see the people you used to talk to during Orientation and don't know whether they remember you or not
This is another keep walking or take the risk to wave hi situation. Orientation friends are always an interesting thing.
8. Realizing you follow the person that's sat next to you the whole semester on Instagram without having a single conversation
Well....it was nice sitting next to you I guess? The semester may be over now, but that's ok.
9. When you think someone from your class is waving to you, but it's someone behind you
Oh...I was waving to someone else too. No big deal.
10. When you forget to press your floor on the elevator and have to wait until it goes to the top floor to get to your dorm.
I swear I actually have somewhere to be...I just forget to press the button.
If you relate to any of these situations, share this article!