PCAA, The Organization I Want To Bring Attention To

When I joined my sorority, I knew that I wanted to get involved. I didn't want to obtain a position for the esteem or even for bragging rights, I wanted to find one that suited me and that would allow me to do some good for my community. I wanted to participate in an activity that would actually make a difference. I wanted to feel proud of myself and what I was contributing to society. After my first year in my chapter, I found my passion in Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA).

When I look back on my childhood, I picture happy trips to Disney, my parents cheering while standing on the sidelines of my soccer games, and having multiple play dates after school. Upon becoming involved in PCAA, I came to the daunting realization that a happy childhood is most definitely not the case for everyone. I was one of the lucky ones. If you are someone that had an amazing childhood, you too, are one of the lucky ones. Every day, approximately five children die from child abuse. That means that five lives were taken prematurely. Five children robbed of a childhood, and a life beyond that. Five children never got to experience that I was lucky enough to feel. After learning about how prevalent and severe child abuse is, especially in the United States, I knew I had to get involved in PCAA. I knew that I had to do something.

The organization, Prevent Child Abuse America, promotes services that improve child well-being and develops programs that help to prevent all types of abuse and neglect. With the help of many considerable donations, PCAA has taken action to implement home visiting programs, along with educating families on child abuse prevention, and resources available.

PCAA helps over 100,000 families in the United States each year. They do their best to make a difference in children's lives all over the United States. They strive to make a positive difference in as many children's lives as possible. I help these children by donating to PCAA and bringing awareness to this incredible organization, and you can too! I'm not saying that you have become as involved as I am, but there are many little things you can do to help. For example, you can consider donating to help change the course of a child's life forever. You can raise awareness through social media. You can help people understand how prevalent this is throughout your community. It's important to remember that it's the little things that count. Any difference is a big difference.