6 Ways To Avoid The Inevitable Mid-Semester Blues

How to get yourself out of the gutter mid February.

114
@gingerly.ashley

Here you are, two weeks into February, almost two months into the semester. Spring break is calling your name. The end is so close yet so far.

Sooner or later, you find yourself in a rut. Sad, tired, lonely, probably hungry. Maybe you’re watching more Netflix than you should be in the library. It’s cool, we won’t tell.

BUT. Lucky for you, there are a few ways to get you out of your mid-semester blues and ready for spring break through some simple steps to implement into your life.

1. Exercise more

Hit the gym! Yes, adding some gym time into your daily routine will not only ease your mind from stresses of school but also get you into great shape just in time for ~SB2018~

Make your routine even more fun by inviting some friends to tag along with you. Working out with people you love is all the more fun. Try something new, a spin class, dance class or even cross fit! The opportunities are endless.

Exercising is a fantastic destresser and will only take about fifty minutes out of your day to improve your mental and physical health. Oh yes!

2. Make time to study

College is grand. College is fun. But by mid-semester, sometimes you forget that you’re at school to make the grade! Make sure you are delegating your study time wisely and including the perfect amount of time each day to get ahead on work. I promise that by the time midterms roll around and you are already prepared, you will thank yourself!

3. Set aside time for friends

Just as important as it is to set aside time for studying, don’t forget to enjoy yourself and spend time with your friends! Just hanging out with your friends is often the best de-stresser you can invest in.

That’s what friends are for!

4. Make sure you stay involved

Don’t forget to be active on campus!

A great way to get out of the mid-semester blues is to join something new or become more active in what you are already in. If you are too overwhelmed, don’t go crazy! But sometimes having a weekly meeting or small assignment will keep you busy and introduce you to new people.

It’s a win-win!

5. Begin a new hobby

This is a tough one but extremely important. Whether in the mid-semester or not, having your own “thing” is very important. Having something set aside for just you each week is essential to a balance in your week. This doesn’t mean that your hobby can’t include other friends!

Choose an activity that makes you happy and is entirely organic to you. It can be anything you want! But make sure it is something small that brings you joy and will give you something to look forward to each week.

6. Make time for yourself

Take a nap. Get a pedicure. Go for a walk. Sleep in. Have some time completely dedicated to ensuring your health and happiness. Dedicate an hour or so of each wake to checking on yourself and making sure you are just as great as your GPA is!

Light some candles, put your feet up and just indulge for a bit. You deserve it.

7. Keep organized

Yup. Do this.

Get a planner. Or a calendar. Or a pen and paper. Just write your stuff down, man.

Deadlines, exam dates, dinner plans, birthdays, flight times, get it all written out. That way you have a visual representation of what needs to be accomplished. Additionally, keep your living space organized. A clean room equals a happy human! Maintain that same organization in all aspects of your day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get back in your groove! Avoid that mid-semester funk and stay on top of your game! You are almost to the finish line, keep moving forward!