Finally, A Review Of 'Avengers: Infinity War' With No Spoilers

The Russo brothers and Marvel did it again with this addition to the MCU.

117
Marvel Studios

DISCLAIMER:

There are absolutely NO SPOILERS included in this article. I thought it wouldn’t be fair to those who haven’t seen the movie right away to talk about the actual details of what happens to all of the characters and thought it best to point out the beauty behind the entire production of the film. You can read THIS film review and decide for yourself if this movie is right for you, and you’ll still be able to experience every scene for the first time and all of the emotion that comes from it.

April 26 was the wildest Thursday night I have ever had. No, I didn’t go to a crazy college party. I didn’t get drunk or high or anything else normal college students might do for “fun.” No, instead, I went to go see “Avengers: Infinity War” and it may have been the craziest night of my life.

Arguably the most anticipated film of 2018, “Avengers: Infinity War” did not disappoint as the film gave all of us Marvel fans a movie we will probably never forget. In what has to be one of the largest productions to ever be put together on the big screen, Marvel’s “Infinity War” film is the second most expensive film to ever be made and probably the biggest roller coaster ride anyone could ever walk into and experience for two and a half hours.

We’ll start with the characters. Marvel’s MCU roster has become very impressive over the course of a 10-year span that gave us 18 films, excluding the latest “Infinity War” film. That being said, Marvel did their absolute best to fit every single hero into the mix, unfortunately, not all heroes made it into the script. Still, they managed to include a lot of characters in this movie and it has me thinking it is one of the most complex screenplays to have ever been written.

According to one of the film’s screenwriters, Christopher Markus, there are at least 40 characters with speaking lines in the film that you’ll recognize from other Marvel movies. As a fellow screenwriter, I can honestly say that is insanely difficult to map out and include that many characters in such a complex storyline that basically makes all of them main characters. Big ups to Marvel for being able to make every character relevant despite how many of them there were.

Next, I would like to talk about the score of the film. Music is such a huge part of the film industry because as much as an actor’s body language and dialogue is supposed to set the tone for a film and allow the audience to become more engulfed in the story, nothing can put an audience more “over-the-top” with a movie than when the perfect music is chosen to play at the perfect times–and that’s exactly what Marvel was able to do here with “Avengers: Infinity War.”

I think that the movie was amazing from start to finish: the characters were very much alive and energetic, and you really felt like you were there experiencing all of the content, but the music absolutely had a huge part to play in the film’s success in doing so. Maybe you’ll just have to watch it to understand what I mean.

The cinematography and special effects put into the movie were also very impressive. The actor who played Thanos, Josh Brolin, was actually not on the set for almost the entire filming of “Avengers: Infinity War.” He was filming scenes for Marvel’s upcoming “Deadpool 2” film where he is playing a character called Cable so he had a stand-in for most of the scenes so that all of the special effects could still be made on Thanos’ body movements. Brolin did come back around the post-production phase, though, to put his voice into the scenes.

Then there were the scenes that took place on other planets such as Titan, Asgard, Nowhere and so on. I was so impressed with the way the production crew worked the CGI for all of these scenes, especially when it came to the use of the Reality stone–again, no spoilers will be made but just expect to be impressed with how they execute all of the special effects and camera shots.

This was certainly a hard review to write without including any spoilers at all as to what happened during the course of the film, but you’ll definitely thank me later for that once you experience the movie entirely by yourself. It is probably the best movie made in the entire MCU and I think you’d never forgive yourself if you didn’t take two hours out of your week to go enjoy it in an actual theatre instead of streaming from home when it becomes available.

The only advice I would give you all before you watch “Infinity War” would be: bring tissues and a brave face because absolutely anyone is fair game in this movie and you probably don’t want to be seen crying in the theatre if you’re not happy with any fatalities. That’s all I will say about that. Enjoy the film, folks! “Avengers: Infinity War” is out NOW worldwide so take a couple bucks and go see it with your family, friends, significant other or by yourself–just go see it no matter the cost!