An unofficial review of Endgame without spoilers

Avengers: Endgame

An unofficial review.

61
Avengers: Endgame

If you're like me, then you're a huge fan of the MCU. Personally, watching a Marvel movie is a very important moment for me and one I always look forward to from movie to movie.

It's become a sort of tradition to watch these movies with either my friends or family. I actually read a comment the other day that surprised me. The comment said that we are the Marvel generation and that one day we would talk about these movies to future generations like our parents talked about movies from their time. It made me realize how lucky I was, not only to see the movie, but to see it as it came out. It was great to be able to see it in theaters, experience the hype, the conspiracy theories, the rising stardom of each actor that has starred in the movie and the impact it has had on this generation.

Looking back on it, I realize how big a part these movies played in my life ever since I was 9 years old. I'm not going to claim that they're the mostly impactful films of our times or that they profoundly changed our lives in an exponential way, but they did change something. They gave people from all walks of life different heroes from all walks of life to look up to and relate to. As different as we all are, it's very touching to see how people from different places and backgrounds could come together in love of these movies.

In a world where we are divided over so many things, it's wonderful to witness when we all come together; even if we are coming together for a superhero movie, something that isn't that important to some people.

Realizing that Endgame was the culmination of every MCU movie dating back to the first Iron Man in 2008 was very shocking to me. Realizing that all of these characters that we have come to know and love will be coming together again for this movie was very exciting. Although there are 15 + movies leading up to this one, according to the Russo brothers, two that are definitely crucial to rewatch are of course, infinity war and Captain America: Civil War. Of course, the MCU does not end here and there is more to come, but the wrap up of this phase was very impactful to me.

I actually just came back from watching the movie right before I started typing this and here are my thoughts (WITHOUT SPOILERS) because as the Russo brothers said #DontSpoilTheEndgame)

So from minute one, the movie was very captivating. Seeing all your favorite characters back on screen, especially when keeping in mind how Infinity War ended a year ago, was very exciting. I couldn't help but sit at the edge of my seat in anticipation waiting until the next character came on screen.

The acting was of course high caliber. What makes these characters so great is the actors who play them. They have been faithful to these characters for years and their dedication to their characters really shows. It was very great seeing older characters like the original six Avengers interacting with relatively new characters.

That typical MCU comedy was also present, sprinkled in between all the action and touching moments, but not taking away from them. That's actually what's great about Marvel, they can produce serious scenes that could reduce audiences to tears and then transition to a lighthearted moment with jokes and music blasting in the background (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, I'm looking at you)

I don't want to reveal any more but this movie is wonderful and one I highly recommend it. If you're a Marvel fan and even if you aren't, grab some loved ones or take yourself out and catch this in theaters. I walked out of this movie only looking towards the future of the MCU.