Avengers: Endgame Might Be The Best MCU Film of All Time (NO SPOILERS)

'Avengers: Endgame' Might Be The Best MCU Film of All Time (No Spoilers)

Arguably the most anticipated movie of 2019 didn't disappoint (no spoilers, of course).

18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNvJU52LvU

No spoilers

Wow.

That's all I was able to say after walking out of "Avengers: Endgame," as many walked out feeling the same satisfaction I was. In a time where the superhero genre has become bloated with the same tropes and clichés, Endgame tries hard to include these tropes we all love, but make them fresh enough to not be boring. This is all crafted into one glorious, three hour long (but never feels like it) package that isn't just eye candy, but is an emotional ride.

Directed by the Russo brothers, our favorite heroes essentially try to hatch a plan to undo everything that happened (basically what we all expected would happen). Without going into too much detail, that's pretty much everything you need to know going in relating to plot). Surprisingly, it really does work, and I was surprised that I didn't feel it was jumping the shark. While there are still quite a few lines that you would come to expect from a superhero movie, the writing still works well, but isn't anything spectacular. Even still, the writing didn't need to be spectacular for this movie to be good. All of our vested interest was in the characters we all know and love.

What I especially loved is how the fallout from "Avengers: Infinity War" is incorporated into the plot. We all expected there to be a lot of emotional effect from something as devastating as 50% of living creatures being wiped out. Emotions run high in this film, and I think it brings a lot of the protagonists down to Earth to where we see a different side of each hero that we never saw before. It's nice to see these traits come out of the characters that seem so stoic in the face of overwhelming odds and evil.

I've always been a big fan of the scores written for MCU movies. Black Panther's ended up winning an Oscar. While this one isn't as good as Black Panther's it still is very fitting, and very epic considering the film. That popular Avengers theme blares at all the right moments, which earns it a nice green checkmark.

While I was certainly a little apprehensive about the direction after the first act of the film, but the second two acts more than made up for it, and really brought the film together as a whole. While I'd certainly say that the film is interestingly put together to a point where you're unsure for a while, it comes to a conclusion that makes sense and wraps up everything that happened quite well, silencing your questions throughout the film.

There are a lot of movies that have this unexplainable way of being of the utmost quality. It's extremely hard to explain why, from a critical perspective, "Avengers: Endgame" is so good, other than it being complete, well thought out, and satisfying.

Don't worry superhero fans. "Avengers: Endgame" is a slam dunk.

FINAL SCORE: 9.6/10