AuzziRay's Top 10 Favorite Music Artists

A personal list of my top 10 favorite music artist that I enjoy listening to on a daily basis

20

For quite some time, now, people have been calling me AuzziRay due to my Instagram name. Ever since then it has just stuck. This week, I have decided to share my top 10 favorite music artist that inspire me. As a society music is a big component in our everyday lives. We hear it on the radio, in movies and even in restaurants. If you haven't heard any of these artist I have listed below I encourage each and everyone of you to give them a quick listen on your way to work or while cleaning up around the house! Enjoy!

10. BORNS

I recently discovered BORNS while listening to Pandora, and I absolutely fell in love. So here's a little background on BORNS. BORNS, whose real name is Garrett Borns, is an American Music artist and musician. His music is classified as indie pop and is very modern with a twist- at least in my opinion. One of his very famous songs out right now is “Electric Love.” If you haven’t heard him on the radio, I highly recommend branching out and listening to a few of his songs!

9. X Ambassadors

X Ambassadors is, hands dow,n one of the best alternative rock bands I have ever listened to. Their music is like a breath of fresh air from the pop heard on the radio and the over played songs I hear everyday. A few of their popular songs include “Renegades and Unsteady." The music they produce has the perfect balance between a good beat and emotional lyrics. I love getting out of class and enjoying the unique style they produce; it is so relaxing.

8. Imagine Dragons

Yet another alternative rock band works their way into my musical life. I am pretty sure that everyone has at least heard one of Imagine Dragons’ top hit songs. An example of a top hit song from them is “Radioactive,” which was in one of my favorite TV shows: The 100. I first discovered them while listening to my local radio back home, and I fell in love. I soon started listening to all of their music, and ever since then I have been listening to it almost every day.

7. Sia

“I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier." Sia’s music video and lyrical values are breathtaking. Some people claim they are weird and creepy, but in all honesty they are deep with meaning. Besides Sia’s incredible singing range, her lyrics are very catchy, and they carry meaning within them. Not many musical artists these days have such powerful lyrics, and I admire Sia for her music choices.

6. Fall Out Boy

Last year, I had the opportunity to see Fall Out Boy live, and it was one of the best concerts I have been to. In the last year, Fall Out Boy has hit the radios with some of their top hits songs like “Uma Thurman and Centuries.” Their music is unique and each song has a different style behind it. The music they produce is perfect to jam out to and just have a good time while listening to it! Many of their songs have been integrated into movies and been a perfect fit! Every time I drive home I end up listening to at least one of their songs!

5. Twenty-One Pilots.

Gosh, Twenty-One Pilots is just amazing. The music they produce is so unique and presents a “new feel” into the music industry. Just like Sia, Twenty-One Pilots has musical lyrics with an intense feel and true quality. Their music leaves me wanting more each time I listen to it.

4. Bastille.

Bastille is an Indie Rock band from London. I have been listening to them since 10th grade in high school. One of their popular songs is “Pompeii,” which I have heard on the radio a few times. After hearing that one song I had to listen to more. I was hooked. Since then I have been listening to them on a regular basis and fallen in love with all of their songs. I love the fact that their lyrics have a meaning within them. That is the one thing I look for in a musical artist.

3. Selena Gomez.

I first learned about Selena through Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney Channel. After that I realized she was also a music artist and listened to a few of her songs and kind of liked them. Eventually she started producing more music and I fell in love. She is one of the few music artists that has kept her music clean and enjoyable to listen to. I admire her so much with everything regardless of what people say. I can’t wait to see her in concert one day!

2. Nicki Minaj.

My queen. Hands down. I have always loved Nicki’s music. Once I saw her in concert I was “head over heels” for her music. Regardless of profanity and her aggressive lyrics many of her songs that have a very deep meaning within them. For example, “Grand Piano” is a very amazing song by Nicki and not many people know about it. It is a slow tempo song without rapping in it. What I admire most about Nicki Minaj is that she voices her opinion and isn’t afraid of her haters. Not many music artists are like that.

1. Halsey.

Halsey is a newer artist who recently released her album “Badlands” in the fall of 2015. Her top song from the album is “New Americana,” and it has hit radios nation wide! I have been enjoyed Halsey’s album from the moment I bought it. She is the one artist that I can truly say I truly love every single song she has produced. Each song is unique and presents a new feel compared to the others. I was unable to see Halsey in concert this year, but next year I have to attend one of her concerts. On top of that I can’t wait until her new album release! Her music is so refreshing compared to many popular songs I listen to today. I have listened to her music at least once a day and still haven’t grown tired of any of her songs. She is hands down my favorite artist.