Autumn: Trading in Our Sweat for Sweatpants

Feel the breeze on your face and look around. Autumn is here to supply you with adventure.

24
Colorado Nonprofit Blogging Team

That chill in the air is finally making a comeback, thankfully, allowing you to ditch sweating the instant you walk out the door. I love a good winter snow, the whole three experiences with it that Louisiana has rewarded me. The fresh blossoms that the rebirth of spring provides is definitely a beautiful sight to acknowledge. Even with summer's sweltering heat combined with Louisiana's unforgiving humidity, I can still appreciate a lake day trip with the windows down and a Fleetwood Mac song intertwined with the wind in July. However, when September strikes, or for Louisianians when mid-October strikes, the whispers of the trees as they shed their greenness for abundant hues of red and yellow call to me.

Once fall finally comes to cheerfully greet us here in the South, we welcome that cool breeze with open arms. Trading in our iced coffee for pumpkin spice lattes, and our t-shirts and Nikes for sweaters and leggings, we can all finally breathe a sigh of relief in our baggy clothing. Fall is a cozy blanket of relaxation, wrapping you up with good books to read, naps to take advantage of, and calmness since everyone else is taking it easy as well. Without horrendously dripping sweat anytime we do as much as exist, there's an instant burden released from our shoulders. The fall air just seems to feel better to breathe in, opening a whole new world. Taking a walk through a hiking trail or the park is a lot less intimidating without the humidity tearing at you just from walking outside. As a girl who loves a big sweater, the lack of perspiration in fall definitely is my friend.

With Halloween and Thanksgiving occurring in this wondrous season, it also grants me a more tangible closeness with my friends and family. With the relaxation in the air and the beauty right outside my window, I cannot help but feel thankful for who I have in my life. Thanksgiving dressing also does a pretty good job at reminding me of my blessings. With this mindset, it is hard for me to be in a bad mood around the people I care about. I cannot help but want to go find adventures with my friends in the fall, but at the same time I can find simple pleasure with reading "Catch 22" all day in bed, feeling equally satisfied.

The falling,

falling,

falling of the reds and yellows of overpowering existence helps me see the undeniable beauty in life. Autumn reminds me it's okay to take a "sick" day, overloading on classic movies and good music in the comfort of my room, while also reminding me it's okay to take a closer look at things typically ignored and embrace the utter wonder this world can instill.