My August Music Hunt

With a July full of new albums and singles, August did not have that many releases. With the lack of releases, I spent a lot of the month researching new music, especially smaller alternative rock bands. I was able to find a lot of up and coming British bands through my Spotify research.

M60, Lostboy, and Riscas are three of the British bands I am very excited to introduce to new fans. Read the listicle below to learn and listen to these artists.

The Rolling Stones - 'Scarlet'

The Rolling Stones and Jimmy Page released an unreleased song from the '70s known as "Scarlet" this July. The band had been promoting their reissue of "Goats Head Soup," a 1973 favorite with this hidden track. The music video for "Scarlet" was released in early August, and it features Paul Mescal, an Irish actor.

Teenage Wrist - 'Silverspoon'

Teenage Wrist released their latest single "Silverspoon" after a 2019 EP and 2018 debut album release. The band has gone through quite a bit of change since their debut album release but still maintain the same sound and fanbase.

THE DRIVER ERA - 'Places'

"Places" is another single that will most likely be on the band's anticipated sophomore album. The duo come back with a new song and video pleasing their fans and attracting a new audience with their frequently evolving sound.

Larkins - 'TV Dream'

"TV Dream" is not a new song for the band, Larkins, but it is one that I have recently discovered. Larkins is an alternative indie foursome from Manchester. This catchy tune is worth the listen and is the perfect upbeat song to end your summer with.

M60 - 'Honey'

M60 is another band from the United Kingdom that I discovered this month through my Spotify searches for new music. M60 is definitely an up and coming band from Manchester that you need to keep an eye out for. Some of their other songs include "I Don't Mind" and "Blindside."

Paris Youth Foundation - 'Late Night Lost Love' 

Paris Youth Fountain is another band from the United Kingdom that I found this month. "Late Night Lost Love" is one of many singles that I'd recommend listening to.

Riscas - 'Panic Like Tom'

During my search for new music, I was able to find another U.K. band called Riscas! "Panic Like Tom" is upbeat and a song you want to play over and over!

Corella - 'On Wax'

Corella released their latest single "On Wax" in late August. The single is energetic and embodies their sound as a band. If you like this song, I'd recommend listening to: "Bloom," "Barcelona Girl," or "Come Around."

The Covasettes - 'This Feeling'

The Covasettes are another British band I found through my research that I am very excited about! "This Feeling" along with many more songs have the perfect sound for the summer. I am excited to hear more from this band!

Lostboy - 'Luna'

As you might be able to tell by now, August was my month for finding new music! I found a lot of great British bands in the process, most of which are up and coming artists. Lostboy is an awesome example of an artist with a refreshing sound. "Luna" along with many other songs has a refreshing guitar sound and it leaves me wanting to hear more!