Yes I love Audiobooks, And These 11 Reasons Are Why You Should, Too
Books Lit

Cause they seem kinda lame, TBH.

173

I have grown up reading my entire life. My mom is an English and history major and she always made sure my brother and I were exposed to the joys of books at an early age. This being said, now that I am a college student it is a little harder to find free time to read. That's when my mom, the person who introduced me to books in the first place, told me about audiobooks. She listens to books constantly. Instead of listening to music in the car, she listens to her book, instead of watching TV in bed, she listens to her book in bed. She listens while she's cleaning, eating, pretty much anything. So, she bought me a subscription and I have been enjoying it ever since. So, here's why listening to audible is the best:

1. It gives you something semi intellectual to do.

2. You can read so many more books.

3. They are really nice to go to sleep to (there's a sleep timer).

4. Something other than TV and/or music.

5. You can have a book anywhere and, because you can download it on your phone or computer, there's no need to use wifi.

6. You're able to explore different genres and topics you have never read before (maybe something will surprise you).

7. You have the option to re-experience your fave book or explore other books written by the same author or within the same genre.

8. You can re-visit a childhood classic (I am listening to Harry Potter right now and it is so fun finishing the book and then watching the movie).

9. It makes you become a smarter, more knowledgeable person (because reading can do that, you know).

10. You get lost in a story (aka the best part).

11. You can relax and enjoy painting the scenes in your head.

So, I challenge you. Get your hands on an audiobook. You don't have to buy an audible subscription, although it makes it a bit easier, you can find tons of books on CD at the library. I know it is hard to take the immediate plunge, but it will be worth it in the long run. Start off with something you know you will like whether that be something you have already read, something you have wanted to read, or something that is similar to a book you know you like.

Once you have read that and want to continue listening to audiobooks, then go for something a little different or a description that looks intriguing. Then you are set. Listen to your stories wherever and whenever. You can even get a parent, sibling, or significant other listening to it with you and it into a hang out session or bonding experience.

That's all you need to make books a full-time part of your life. But, one tip, make sure you like the narrator. Because trust me, that can make or break the story for you. The Hunger Games, for example, is narrated by a whiny old lady that makes Katniss sound kind of like a wimp. I still like the story, nonetheless, but I will never get that woman's voice out of my head when I think of the series. Anyways, good luck!