11 Times The Gilmore Girls Understood Attending A Sporting Event

"Yeah, of course I'll get bored, but that's when the "South Park" impressions kick in." -Lorelai Gilmore

170
YouTube

Unpopular opinion: I think watching sports is dreadfully boring.

If you're like me, you think that attending a sporting event (or even watching sports on TV) is dull and uninteresting. Baseball game? You'll find me staring at my food instead. Super Bowl? I'll be counting down the minutes to the halftime show and then I'm emotionally checked out afterwards. Badminton? Actually, that sounds fun to watch--and the sounds of the birdies hitting the racquets are oddly satisfying...

Who can I count on to share my views with? Well, there are two fictional women I can turn to to help tell explain my struggles of sports-boredom to the world: Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Allow "Gilmore Girls" to guide you through my experiences of being dragged along to sporting events:

1. First, you find your seats in the stadium.

2. Then the game starts and you realize that you don't have a single clue about what's happening.

No matter how many times people try to explain to you how the sport works, you can never grasp it...

3. Suddenly you find yourself getting bored, but you have no one to talk to because everyone around you has their attention fixated on the game.

When you do try to talk to your homies, they nod and pretend to listen. You eventually catch on to the fact that their full attention is on the game.

4. Eventually, you find that you're getting hungry, so you squish past the people in the row of seats to venture off for some food!

5. But after waiting in a crazy long line at a concessions stand, you're immediately shocked by the outrageous prices for snacks and drinks!

$10 for french fries???

6. Of course, you cough up the money anyway and return to your seat, because you think that eating stadium food is the only interesting part of attending the game.

You might have even missed watching your team score a point while dipping your french fries in ketchup!

7. As the game DRAGS on and on, suddenly a song catches your ear! Maybe it's a stadium classic like "YMCA" by The Village People, or a hip-hop track like "Jump Around" by House of Pain--whatever the song, it suddenly gets you in the spirit!

8. Soon after, you watch the team you're rooting for score again, and you join everyone in on cheering for them!

9. The game ends! Maybe your team won...

10. ...Or maybe they lost...

11. Either way, you're EXHAUSTED as you leave the stadium! But you still have to save the last of your energy to beat the crowds and avoid traffic in the parking lot!

Go Go GO!

What do you think is the best (or worst) part of attending a sporting event? Tweet me your thoughts @missjulia1207!