10 Things You Have Done If You Are A Haitian Parent, Without Fail

Forcing your kids to study the career you want.

3783
Defense.gov

Haitian parents are known as the unique type of parents.

They have their own rules, and they take everything to the next level. Haitian parents are also known as the most strict parents in this universe. They are also known for being overprotective, and defensive.

If you are a Haitian mom, you have done at least one of those nine.

1. Spank your child for everything he or she does.

In a Haitian home, spanking is one of the ways to discipline the kids, You do not know communication as the best way to punish your child even though it helps them understand your point of view and be able to be conscient of what he or she did wrong. Keep in mind that the more you spank your child, the more violent he or she becomes.

2. Force your kids to study the profession you want

Average of Haitian kids end up suffering from a college degree because they did not study what they want, instead those children consider what their parents wanted because they were afraid of disappointing them. NO! A Million times NO! Having a degree in what we prefer does not make us disappoint you as parents. You should support your child even if he or she chooses to have a profession in a field with the lowest salary. The salary is not the reason we want to study what we wish, but our passion for them.

3. Invade your children’s privacy

I am not saying you should not check your child’s backpack and room in case he or she has something that does not belong to him or her. I am not talking either about searching through everything they have especially their cellphones to find something that is unpleasant to you but checking every single item from a young adult who is old enough to know what is pleasant or not.

4. Force your child to marry the person you want

A relationship should be a decision between the two people, not the whole family members from 5 generations to decide whether they should be together or not. Forcing your child into a relationship they do not want causes them to have an unhealthy marriage which will lead to a divorce. A relationship is not based on having the cutest boy or the child of the wealthiest or the most educated person, but the one who makes your child the cutest and the luckiest person in love.

5. Act like you are the best parent or your child is the best or worst.

Every child is different from another and every child does not need to be like one another. It goes the same for parents; every parent has a way of educating and treating his or her child(ren).

6. Prevent your child from explaining himself or herself

You do not like your child defending himself or herself even when he or she is right. Just because you are the parents, that does not make you right all the time. It is okay to let your child explaining to make himself or herself clear.

7.Blame your child for everything

Some Haitian parents like to blame their children just to look good and make them feel guilty.

8. Force your child to have the same faith and belief

Faith is related to someone’s soul and hope. Your child will not have the same faith if he or she does not agree with you.

9. Forcing your child to eat every food

Some children want to be spoiled, but other just cannot consume a meal due to allergic reaction or discomfort. However, some parent does not like when a child refuses to eat because as the parent, you expect him or her to eat whatever you cook.

10. Overprotective

Haitian parents do not want to hear even an ant bite their child, so they will prevent you from doing anything always to be safe. For example, if your children ask you to go hang out, you will say no. You only accept the three L creole words- Lakay, Legliz, Lekol (Home, Church, and School) from them.