As a single mom...
popular

As a single mom...

What single moms want you to know, but can’t always find a way to say

446
As a single mom...

I've been a single mom since the moment I found out I was pregnant. From the moment he knew I was pregnant, he didn't want the baby. This has been my life since the first moments I learned about the life growing inside of me. I don't know a difference. This is my way to say want I always want to, but never know how.

I'm not strong.

I'm not strong. I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. But I don't have a choice. She's my baby. I live life, day to day, for my daughter. I cry most days. I pray to God to send me a good man. I pray that my daughter won't grow up feeling the absence of her biological father, and some of his family as well. I'm not strong, I'm doing what I have to do.

I'm always tired.
I never get a break. I'm currently with my daughter almost all day long, everyday of the week. I'm tired. I love her, but I'm tired. I need a break every once in a while, but then I feel like a bad mom. The times I most need a break, are the times I most resent the guy who left us.

Your support means the world to me.

To my family, friends, and the part of his family that loves my daughter, thank you. Thank you for your support and love. I couldn't do this without you guys. Even with her “dad" abandoning her, she is one of the most loved babies I know. While I say I'm not strong, I appreciate hearing it. I can never repay you all for everything you've done & will do for us.

This life has not been what I imagined as a little girl. This is not what I wanted for my daughter. But I wouldn’t trade her for the world. She’s my heart and soul. I don’t know where I would be without her. So I also want to say a quick thank you..

Thank you Terence.
Thank you for giving me the best thing of my entire life. Thank you for letting me have her all to myself. Thank you for leaving & not letting her know how terrible of a dad you would have been. Thank you for my biggest blessing.