If You're Guilty Of Doing Most Of These, Chances Are You're The Bad Friend

There's one in every group, is it you?

251
Omar Lopez

Let's face it, everyone is the bad friend sometimes, but if you're doing these things on the regular then you might want to start sending out apology letters!

1. You're always on your phone.

I hate this, especially when I'm telling you something important to me or something that's private. If I'm reaching out to you then please have the decency to unglue your eyeballs from your phone screen, or at least until I'm done talking.

2. You're passive aggressive.

If something is bothering you then just tell me. I'd rather you come to me with any issues then dance around the subject and act like something is wrong and never say anything.

If you say it in a way that it opens a conversation instead of an argument, what's the worst thing that could happen? Honestly, it will probably make us closer than we were before.

3. It's all about you.

It's inevitable that days are going to come when we want it to be all about us, but this can't be every day. If I'm talking to you, please don't turn the conversation to make it about you. I'm all for listening to you but it has to be reciprocated. You can't always be the topic of the discussion.

4. You're listening just to respond.

This. Is. The. Worst. If you're one of those people that just listen to hear when I'm done talking so you can chime in, you suck. That tells me that you weren't even paying attention to the main point of what I was saying, you were just waiting for me to quit talking so you could rebuttal.

This is how 99% of arguments with my friends start. It takes no effort to genuinely listen to someone.

5. You're unreliable.

I get that you have things going on, you have classes, exams, and homework. Well, guess what, so do I and I never cancel plans. Don't make plans with me on a whim if you know you're a busy person because you'll probably end up canceling on me and I hate it.

I have a life too and I made time in my schedule to hang out with you, and now you're not even going to show up.

6. You're a Debby Downer.

If something is truly bothering you, I'm here for you no matter what, but if every time we go out you're constantly complaining, then just stay home. If you see that everyone else is having a good time, please don't try to ruin their mood just because you can't get past your bad day.

7. You go ghost

Maybe I'm overly active in every single one of my group chats or maybe you literally never say anything. It's impossible to make plans if your friends take days to reply to your messages.

8. Hoes over bros isn't your motto.

Trust me, I've been the girl that chose her boyfriend over her friends and let me tell you, the saying "boys will come and go but friends are forever" is the truest thing I've ever heard. Never ditch your friends for a guy, it's so hard to gain their trust back when you've left them on the back burner for so long.

9. You don't tell them if they have something in their teeth.

When I look in the mirror and see something stuck in my teeth I know I didn't pass one single friend all day. Don't make me look like an idiot with bad hygiene please.

10. You're shady!

Friends don't talk badly about their friends. Period. I get that everyone needs to vent, but don't ever cross the line into trash talking. If you wouldn't say it in front of them then don't say it at all.

Hopefully, you read this without checking any of the boxes, but if you did... maybe it's time to reevaluate yourself as a friend.