How Do You Know If You And A Guy Are Actually 'Talking'

Ladies, Just Because He's Replying Doesn't Mean You Two Are 'Talking'

Make sure you're on the same page ASAP.

180
Sarah Witherspoon

Being 21 and single is supposed to be the time of your life, right? Wrong.

I'm sick of the single life, but sick of wasting my time on guys who don't care.

I've come to realize that dating apps really aren't going to find you a guy who actually cares about you for more than what's under your jeans, that's all they want. Sometimes you get lucky, but that's only sometimes.

If you come into my life, you're either going to be 100 percent in or 100 percent out, this 50/50, 75/25 tomfoolery doesn't cut it anymore. I've been one to want someone to be fully dedicated to a relationship with me, but, not to the point where it's clingy, see what I'm saying?

I don't want to be the girl who is talking to and catching feelings for someone who will act like they're interested for a little bit but then ghost quicker than Casper on Halloween.

You know the scenarios: You meet a cute guy at a party, or on a dating app and you two hit it off! Talking is great, sharing photos of your puppies, you're thinking, "Man, this boy is kinda cute, like, he could be my boyfriend if he wanted." But then, just as you're thinking that, and you're unsure about what the guy wants, the guy just vanishes. It's almost like he had 'Raven Senses' and needed to get out of there ASAP.

Listen, if you're going to ghost me, at least say 'boo' before leaving. Leave on a scary note.

I've come to have my fair share of guys that I'll catch feelings quick for, and that's a thing I really need to stop. My brain and heart are basically at war with one another all the time when it comes to guys. I tell myself, "I'm gonna get over this guy, he's wasting my time, he's just another annoying guy who probably just wants to get in my pants, I'm sick of it." BUT THEN, he hits you with that Snapchat or text and you're pulling U-Turns, going against everything you just told yourself to go and give your attention back to this boy who pays little attention to you.

All jokes aside, I really wish it was easy for my mind to just come to a clear conclusion and not have my time wasted or my heartbroken anymore.

All guys want these days is either a quick hookup or a short/long term friend with benefits because they don't want to be tied down to one girl. OR, they're just sleazy dudes who are trying to get some nude pictures out of you because they ran out of some material for their 'alone time' (If you catch what I'm throwing).

It's time to start putting my foot down, telling my brain and heart to start working together and make some clear, concise conclusions that won't result in me eating my feelings in Taco Bell as I cry, waiting for the cute guy to text me back.

I don't want Mr. Struggle, because I'm already struggling to try to get my shit together.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.