Are We Ever Truly Ready?

Are We Ever Truly Ready?

Don’t waste your life away waiting to be ready, take a deep breath and go for it.

717
Are We Ever Truly Ready?

Are we ever truly ready? To take those momentous first steps, to ride a bike without training wheels, to give a speech in front of the entire class? NO, we are most certainly not ready. “Being ready” is a measure of whether we think we will fail or succeed at something, that is all. We can be the most prepped and primed version of ourselves and still not feel “ready” to take that next step. And although we can be confident that we won’t make complete fools out of ourselves, we never truly know what cards we will be dealt, until we have them in our hands. This is where faith comes into play...

In relationships, I sort of feel like people rely on this notion of being ready. What are you waiting to be ready for? Your mind to suddenly cease with thoughts of greener grass? Or perhaps you’re waiting for all the pieces to magically fall into place! Well, stop waiting, because you are wasting your own damn time. If you’re in that incredibly awkward stage of trying to define the relationship, writing out pros and cons lists of whether or not he/she is the right one, I applaud you because those can be useful in determining who is and isn’t meant for you. HOWEVER, if the prosside exaggeratively outweighs the cons, and you still are left wondering whether you’re ready to man up and make her yours (sorry dudes), you are in for a rude awakening.

I don’t mean to pick on the fellas, but I can truly only speak from my own personal experiences. I like to think I am a pretty decided person, but the people I choose do not always reflect this same character trait. While their hearts may align with mine, their minds are typically on the opposite end of the spectrum. I am quite familiar with the ongoing battle between the mind and the heart, so I would never fault someone for being torn between those driving forces. But, it is a travesty to watch such someone walk away from a good thing simply because they’re scared of the outcome, I mean...aren’t we all?

Ladies and gentleman, let me assure you of one thing: YOU WILL NEVER BE READY. Sometimes, all you get is one shot, one opportunity (for all you Eminem fans out there), so please do yourself a favor and seize it! Yes, you might fail, yes it may not work out the way you thought it should, that is life. But, you will 100% regret not making that special someone yours while you still had the chance. Because 10 times out of 10, someone else will discover what you left behind, all because you were paralyzed by your own uncertainty.

Being unsure of the person is an entirely different matter, if you are unsure of who they are or where they stand in your life, then don’t make any sudden movements to make them yours. However, if you are certain you would feel incomplete without their presence in your life, but you’re too scared of the unknown and how it will unfold to make a decision, then you are allowing your fear to overrule you. A fear that most often will result in the other person feeling taken for granted, unappreciated, and unworthy of being decided upon. While this result may not be your intention, it will undoubtedly ensue.

Do not let that person walk away, because the moment you do is the moment you permit your fears to control your destiny. If the person you couldn’t imagine your life without does in fact walk away from your indecisiveness, know it is because they acknowledged their own “unreadiness,” but wanted to take that leap of faith with you nonetheless. They knew there was a chance of falling, but they rested their faith in the hopes of flying instead.

Life is not about being ready, it is about being bold in our pursuit of the things that make us feel whole. Don’t waste yours away because you’re waiting until you're ready, take a deep breath and go for it.