30 Holidays In April You Didn't Know About But Will Want To Celebrate

Farm animals, lima beans, Winston Churchill, and more!

213
Youtube

April isn't just for practical jokes and chocolate bunnies - that's only April 1st. There is something to on every single one of the 29 other days in April, too!

April 1st: April Fool's Day (and Easter this year, too!)

I LOVE April Fool's Day AND Easter, so I am SO excited that they are on the same day this year. Easter themed pranks are so fun to come up with and they are going to be hilarious when I pull them on my family :)

April 2nd: National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day

It's peanut butter jelly time

April 3rd: National Chocolate Mousse Day

Did you know you can make chocolate mousse with avocados???

April 4th: National School Librarian Day

Take the time to say thank you to your school librarian. I'm sure he or she will appreciate it greatly!

April 5th: National Deep Dish Pizza Day / National Read a Road Map Day

Let's take a road trip to get a deep dish pizza without using a GPS - only real maps!

April 6th: National Caramel Popcorn Day

I. Love. Caramel Corn. That's all I have to say.

April 7th: National Beer Day / National No Housework Day

I guess all you can do is kick back with a cold one and relax!

April 8th: National Zoo Lover's Day

If there was ever a day for a zoo trip, it's National Zoo Lover's Day!

April 9th: National Winston Churchill Day

Someday, I hope I get a national day in my honor, too.

April 10th: National Farm Animals Day / National Siblings Day

Farm animals and siblings are basically of the same breed, right?

April 11th: National Pet Day / National Barber Shop Quartet Day

Pets and barber shop quartets are awesome, so why not try to combine the two?

April 12th: National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day

Nothing beats a super stringy, crispy, grilled cheesey!

April 13th: National Scrabble Day

Lauren is my name and Scrabble is my game.

April 14th: National Pecan Day

There are many ways to eat pecans - pie form, Keebler Sandies cookie form, Little Debbie pinwheel form, chocolate turtles form, plain nut form - so pick on and eat some!

April 15th: National Glazed Spiral Ham Day

Who doesn't love a juicy ham dinner?

April 16th: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day

You might want to check with your boss before showing up in your onesie.

April 17th: National Haiku Poetry Day

I love poetry

And haikus are cool poems

So this day is cool

April 18th: National Animal Crackers Day

Animal cracker will never go out of style. They are fun to eat, delicious, and a good source of calcium, according to the box!

April 19th: National Garlic Day

The only day that garlic breath is acceptable

April 20th: National Lima Bean Respect Day

I'm not sure if we should be eating Lima beans on their day of respect or just admiring the health benefits they provide - molybdenum, fiber, copper, manganese, folate, phosphorus, protein, etc. - but I'm going to eat them anyway because they are good (and good for you).

April 21st: National Kindergarten Day

Remember being in kindergarten? Those were the days... coloring, snacks, nap time, learning the letters... bring me back to a time when my biggest struggle was velcroing my light up sneakers.

April 22nd: National Earth Day

We should be kind to the Earth every day, but on Earth Day, we should be doing something extra special! Plant a tree, pick up litter along the street, make something cool out of recycled bottles - be creative and eco-friendly!

April 23rd: National Talk Like Shakespeare Day / National Picnic Day

Alloweth us to packeth a picnic and shareth und'r the travelling lamp amidst the green grasses of the academic quad liketh two start cross'd lovers.

April 24th: National Pigs in a Blanket Day

Now here is the question: do you like your "pigs" wrapped in Pillsbury crescent rolls or pancakes???? (I'm team pancake)

April 25th: National Zucchini Bread Day

Fun fact: zucchini bread is a great way to sneak vegetables into someone's diet (@my brother)

April 26th: National Pretzel Day

Soft, crunchy, sourdough, honey wheat, chocolate covered - if it's a pretzel, I'll eat it!

April 27th: National Tell a Story Day

I love telling stories and I love listening to stories... Therefore I already love this day.

April 28th: National Superhero Day

Are you DC or Marvel?

April 29th: National Zipper Day

Does anyone else just find zippers fun?

April 30th: National Oatmeal Cookie Day / National Raisin Day

I'm not ashamed to admit the fact that I am a 20-year-old-grandma nor am I ashamed to admit that oatmeal cookies and raisins are two of my favorite foods. But when you put them together and make oatmeal raisin cookies... now those are just the bee's knees.