10 Apps Ole Miss Students Need To Download

Just another way to survive the new semester.

36

If you're like me, or basically any college student, you are on your phone all the time. I mean we grew up in the iPhone generation. We don't really know anything less (I mean besides the Razor phone days). Apps allow us to look things up or do things but easier. Especially since we don't have to have our laptop with us to do it. We can just get our phone out and google something. Here are a few apps we all need to get.

1. Any.do

This app lets you create a to-do list and is perfect for someone who doesn't want to bring a planner or calendar with them everywhere.

2. Dropbox

Google Dropbox lets you upload files into the cloud. It also lets you share them with friends and family. Whether it's documents, photos, etc, we can put in Dropbox. If you don't have your phone but you access it from a computer you just need to sign into you gmail and it'll be there.

3. Student Universe Flights:

This app I just discovered last night actually. If you and your girlfriends want to go on a weekend trip no matter if it's in the US or international, Student Universe Flights will hook you up with a good deal. Ya' know some of us are ballin' on a budget. I was just randomly searching places and it has flights for less then $500 to Budapest. This is now one of my new favorite apps and will be the first thing I go to when looking up plane tickets.

4. Photo Math/ Mathway

So these apps are kinda similar. So Photo Math will let you take a picture of the math problem and it'll give you the answer and show you step-by-step how to get it.

Mathway is basically the same thing except you can't take the picture. But it will help you with step-by-step ways on how to do a problem. Cause ya know, math isn't some of our strong points.

5. Easy Bib

So, making citations just isn't fun and sometimes you do it wrong and points are taken off and it's just a big mess. Well, Easy Bib is here to help you with that. Just type in the title of a book and it will make the citation for you. I think almost every college student could find use for this app.

6. Self Control

Okay, so I know I suck when it comes to paying attention and I have my phone. I mean if you were to see me and any of my friends at the library, I can assure you at least one of us will be on our phone. Honestly, it'll be more like half or all of us. But anyways, Self Control blocks certain social media websites for a period of time so you aren't tempted to go check Instagram or SnapChat.

7. Alarm Clock Extreme:

Okay, college students love to sleep. Like I don't know any college student that doesn't like sleep. Going to bed late and pulling all nighters, even with just a little bit of sleep we all fear that we will sleep through our alarm clock and miss class or just press the snooze button until the very last minute. We've all done it. Well, Alarm Clock Extreme prevents that from happening. The only way to turn it off is by walking around and solving some math problems. This is sure to wake you up in the morning!

8. Hooked

If you're spending too much money eating out but don't wanna stop then this is the app for you.Hooked will let you know of deals or happy hour at restaurants on campus or nearby. It'll tell you how far away it is, what the coupon is for and how much longer it'll be available.

9. Shazam

Have you ever been in the position when you're at a frat party or at the bars and a song comes on and you LOVE it but you have no idea what the name of it is? Well, Shazam has got your back on that one. With the press of the blue bottom it'll listen to the song and within seconds it'll bring up the same of the song and tell you who it is by and let you listen to it.

10. SafeTrek

So this is honestly the most important app that is on this list. If you're ever walking home alone and night or in an Uber alone there is always that worry feeling you have. With SafeTrek, you just hold down the "Hold Till Safe" sensor button on your screen until you arrive home. Once you let go of it, you have to enter a 4 digit passcode and that will let them know that you made it home safely. But if you don't enter it, the police are notified and your location is sent to them.

So as we had back to school for the new semester there are a few apps that might come in handy and help you out.