Why You Should Appreciate Your Health

Why You Should Appreciate Your Health

Your health is so valuable and you should be thankful for it everyday.

41
https://unsplash.com/photos/tb5A-QTI6xg
Jamie Street

Your health is so important.

Without good health, you are very limited in what you can do on a daily basis. Since your health is so important, do you think about it a lot? Is it always at the front of your mind? If you answered no, that's perfectly fine and pretty normal. Most of the time, you don't start thinking of your health until something goes wrong with it.

Have you ever gotten out of bed in the morning and felt so awful you began questioning whether you could actually get up and handle the day ahead of you?

It's moments like this when you start thinking about your health and really begin to value it. A person's health is silent (if you're in good health), but your body will begin yelling at you when things aren't right - and you'll be forced to listen. You cannot ignore your health. Well, I guess you could but I do not recommend it. When something feels off for a while you need to address it because unfortunately it most likely will not magically heal itself and go away. Sometimes your health demands your attention when you would rather be focused on other things.

A person's health is also kind of illusive and mysterious.

Anything can happen and sometimes things happen that are completely unpredictable, that not even a doctor could say why it's happened to you. When your health is called into question (like when you have a cold, the flu, or need a surgery), it's easy to ask "Why me?"

Why do I have to deal with this now when my life is so busy? It's easy to ask these questions but finding an answer is nearly impossible, sometimes you cannot get an answer. However, instead of sulking you should use that energy to get well again in whatever way you can. Some health conditions are more long-term and require serious, intensive treatments but somehow you should still try to remain positive. If you give up on yourself than absolutely no one can help you, you have to keep trying.

If you ever start to feel down on yourself, think of your health. Think of how you were able to get up, get dressed, go to school or work, and interact with people. Not everyone can say that. Some people long for the independence that good health brings, so you should always appreciate it. No one is perfect and most everyone has some sort of health problem or has dealt with one in the past. Whether you have a cold or find out you have a long-term health condition, you can't lose faith and appreciation for your health.

Somewhere, someone else is battling a health problem far worse than yours so even though your health may not be perfect, it is still crucial to appreciate it.