The New App Every College Student Should Have

“Free," every college kid's favorite word to hear
91

The new app, Pocket Points, is essential for every college student. It is the perfect way to earn freebies for stores and restaurants all over your college town and online. But of course, there is a small catch to these discounts.

Pocket Points is encouraging students to refrain from using a phone while in class, but helps you gain“pocket points” at the same time. So I guess technically the points aren’t completely free. I know many students, like myself, that cannot stay off their phones during a long, boring lecture.

How it works:

Download the app, obviously, then you log in with Facebook.

Next, you have to allow the app to have access to your location so they know when you are on campus and in class, so you don’t cheat when you’re sitting at home.

You select your school in order to receive the correct local free rewards. When you get to class, turn on your Pocket Points app and all you have to do it keep your phone locked. Over 100 universities all over the country are participating with this app.

Just in an hour of not using your phone, you can earn up to 20 points, which can get you a free 30-day upgrade at Palm Beach Tan. With just a couple more points you can get a spray tan for $10. Papa Johns, Pita Pit and Which Wich all offer discounts for those using Pocket Points. These are just some of the local prizes, but there are many online rewards that every college student can have access to. Design by Humans is giving away 15 percent off for only 10 points on the app.

I don’t know about you, but I am definitely going to be using this app for every one of my classes now. It may be a struggle for many to not look on Instagram, or respond to a text for a whole class, but I think this app is the perfect way to influence students to not use their phone and pay attention.

Now you can gain more knowledge by taking more notes without distractions from cell phones. You can also save money by using the pocket points you have gained.