An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend

You have shown me I am beautiful, inside and out

145
An Open Letter To My Guy Best Friend
Science of Us

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F14%2F636120080185291123-1098308768_tumblr_o2i3brUV2D1v64cjbo1_500.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=869&h=d16e64dc1c5aedddd7151a98c1dd630f8dd961102cd232af5131919cd69ebf5c&size=980x&c=664111307 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F14%252F636120080185291123-1098308768_tumblr_o2i3brUV2D1v64cjbo1_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D869%26h%3Dd16e64dc1c5aedddd7151a98c1dd630f8dd961102cd232af5131919cd69ebf5c%26size%3D980x%26c%3D664111307%22%7D" expand=1]

Dear You,

I figured I would write to you because you deserve it, and you know I love being sappy. I can't remember when we met because I think it was in middle school, and I can't bring myself to ever want to remember those middle school years, so let's just say we've known each other for a while. Our friendship grew in the weirdest way. It grew through others. We used to only be together when it was a huge group, and I think that's when our personalities really aligned. We would always find ourselves giggling over a stupid video off somewhere from the crowd, I think it's really because we both were horrible at talking to people. (We still are let's be honest.) Those one-on-one times with you really showed me how spectacular of a person you are. I really think that's something you need to hear more often.

You've shown me it's okay to let go, to not care about being too goofy or laughing too loud. I still to this day cannot tell who has a louder laugh. I think you might have me beat.

I used to hate talking about my interests outside of my house, I was always so scared of being looked at weird or glared at. At this point, I can proudly say I've let go of that fear, and I blast my One Direction CD's when I drive, because every song of theirs is a hit, let's be honest.

My favorite lesson you taught me is to have patience and acceptance. You know I like politics, just a little. Those discussions can get heated at times, and because of you I can keep my head on straight and make sure I really listen to others and what they have to say, because my mind actually has changed now that I learned to really hear the other side. Becoming more open minded because of you was very good for me. Even though there are still some arguments I can't shake, I know overall I've gotten better with listening.

You have shown me I am beautiful, inside and out. You've shown me confidence, even though you're absolutely hypocritical when you yell at me for talking myself down.

Thank you so much for helping me see myself truly.

Now, here's to you.

Your spirit is so bright, please never lose that. Every second of the day you're smiling. Always. I admire that so much. Even when you're dealing with the unbearable, you always seem to pull yourself out right. Not saying it's all sunshine and flowers, but you hold yourself so well.

You are such a beautiful person. Your biggest trait is putting you last, (not always the best thing,) but it allows for you to be the biggest help in everyone's lives around you.

Your mother, father, and brother all appreciate you to the end of the earth, and you're so deserving of that.

Please don't ever stop smiling.

One day you will be able to show the world everything you are, and it'll be the best day of your life.

NEVER be afraid to hold your ground.

I am blessed and honored to call you my best friend. I love you, and I always will.

Love your mind, and always remember how fantastic you are.

Love,

Me