Why anxiety makes me feel terrible
Mental Health

My Anxiety Makes Me Feel Like A Terrible Person, Even If I Know That's Not True

I don't want to feel this way. I don't want to cause any burdens on the ones I love. It's just there. It's hard to shake sometimes.

71
Maria Lawrence

Let me tell you something, anxiety sucks. I mean it's one of the worst things to experience in my opinion. You think things that aren't real. You assume things before asking questions. It's awful. What makes it worse is the fact that because of my anxiety I feel like a terrible girlfriend, friend, and person in general.

I feel like a terrible person because my anxiety makes me distance myself from people I love. I fear getting close because I don't want to get hurt.

I feel like a terrible person because my anxiety makes me jump to drastic, unreal conclusions. When little things change, I think the absolute worst.

I feel like a terrible person because my anxiety causes me to lash out at people when they aren't really the problem.

I feel like a terrible person because anxiety makes me question everything, and this, in particular, causes a lot of pain to my loved ones when they can't understand why I'm questioning something that shouldn't be questioned.

I feel like a terrible person because anxiety prevents me from being the girlfriend I should be. My boyfriend doesn't deserve that.

I feel like a terrible person because anxiety causes me to cancel plans when friends, because new experiences sometimes intimidate me.

I feel like a terrible person for many, many reasons. Most of which are anxiety related. I don't want to feel this way. I don't want to cause any burdens on the ones I love. It's just there. It's hard to shake sometimes.

Related Articles Around the Web