The Most Anticipated Albums Of 2016

The Most Anticipated Albums Of 2016

Looks like we're in for another great year of music.

12
The Most Anticipated Albums Of 2016

In 2015 we saw tons of great new releases. From artists like Drake and Miley Cyrus dropping surprise albums, incredible comebacks from artists such as Justin Bieber and fresh faces like Sam Smith, it was a great year in music. Fortunately for us it seems like 2016 is going to be just as good, so here are the most anticipated albums of 2015:

1. Kanye West — SWISH

2015 was a massive year for Yeezy. From welcoming his second child Saint West with his wife Kim Kardashian to designing one of the most sought-after collections of the year with Adidas, it seemed that Ye didn't take a day off. Though we didn't get SWISH this year we did get a few singles including "Wolves" and "Say You Will" and just as we thought he was gonna end the year without any more new music he dropped "Facts" on New Year's Eve. Though we didn't get a full album, the singles were great and left us very excited for what's to come.

2. Drake — Views From The 6

Drake didn't let his beef with YMCMB stop him at all. He gave us "If You're Reading This It's Too Late", went on to tour it and even made a stop to headline the Governor's Ball Music Festival. He then ended the year with "Hotline Bling" accompanied by the iconic music video. After what we saw from him this year I'm sure "Views From The 6" will not disappoint.

3. Major Lazer — Music Is The weapon

Though fans of electronic music have loved Major Lazer for years, 2015 was the year that put them on the map. When the trio teamed up with MO and Dj Snake to bring us "Lean On It" was an international success. Though it was snubbed by the Grammy's there is no denying the success of the track. In 2015 they dropped the album "Peace Is The Mission" and will be following it up this year with, "Music Is The Weapon".

4. M.IA. — Matahdatah

M.I.A has really come into her own. She's gone from a rebellious troublemaker to a respected artist with great political messages. In 2015 she dropped the first single off of "Matahdatah" called "Borders" and I can't wait to see what else is to come.

5. Rihanna — Anti

Rihanna has claimed her place as the music industry's baddest bitch and like many others I can't seem to get enough of her. "Bitch Better Have My Money" is a certified banger and I can't wait to hear the rest of "Anti" and catch her later this year while she tours the album with help from Travis Scott and The Weeknd.

6. Sky Ferreira — Masochism

After much controversy and several delays in 2013, we finally got Sky's highly anticipated debut album, "Night Time, My Time". Since then she has remained pretty quiet but she broke her silence late last year to let us know that a sophomore album is on the way.

7. Ariana Grande — Moonlight

When she wasn't busy licking donuts, Ariana Grande has been really making a name for herself. Though she didn't drop an album in 2015, with her albums from 2013 and 2014 along with her supporting roll on "Scream Queens", she has become a respected singer and actress. There is no denying that she has a truly incredible voice and I can't wait to hear what else she has to offer.

8. Santigold — 99 Cents

We haven't gotten a new album from Santigold since 2012, so the excitement is very real. 2015 brought us new singles, "Who Be Lovin' Me" and "Can't Get Enough of Myself" and she also gave a feature on Makonnen's sophomore album. From what she's showed us so far "99 Cents" is sure to be a hit.

9. M83 — [Title TBA]

"Midnight City" took the world by storm and even went on to play soundtrack to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. With the popularity of electronic music on the rise we welcomed M83 with open arms and he has been on the come up ever since. 2016 will bring the yet to be named follow up to "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming".

10. Frank Ocean — [Title TBA]

Oh, Frank. Will we ever get another album? Are you okay? Rumored to be titled "Boys Don't Cry", we can only hope 2016 is the year we actually get a follow up to "Channel Orange".