Another Closed Letter To My Not So Temporary Friends

How lucky I am to have you guys around.

9
Deanna Nicolari

Another closed letter for the ones I love (yes I do love you guys) unconditionally... the great person, the tall kid with glasses, the shorter kid with glasses, the kid in Pennsylvania, the other kid with the mustang, and more... this one is for you.

Some of you I don't speak to, some I don't see as much as I'd like, some of us just snapchat, others I see on occasion, and to the new friends I've made within the group since then, I see you all the time.

In my last article about you all, I thanked you not only for being my friends, but for teaching me the meaning of friendship-- and believe me I still mean every word of it.

Meeting you guys truly changed my life in the most positive way possible. Not only had I never met anyone like you guys (I still haven't), but I was nothing but accepted. I cannot tell you how endlessly thankful I am for that.

As quickly as I came (and almost went) you guys were nothing but kind, funny, and fun. Months later, I can confidently call you guys family.

You introduced me to a new world of burnouts, bonfires, cars, quads, and the study of vapeology. (wink wink)

As basic as it was to all of you, it was nothing but a new adventure to me.

For you all, I imagine it all fades into memories that you can't exactly pinpoint because of all the times it's been done. But me, well, I remember every burnout, every fire, every red and blue flashing light, every car meet, and every night spent with you all.

I have never had friends like you guys and I can't begin to express all it means to me, though I think I might as well try.

To be real, I love you all to pieces. You're a great bunch of kids, and without your guys' influences, I wouldn't be the girl I am today.

The lessons you guys taught me, the inside jokes we've made, all the nights at Dunkin and Foam, the hugs, the laughs, the tears, and the love... will always have a special place in my heart.

A lot has changed since my last article about you guys. I realized a lot, with all your help of course. And I'd like to finally clarify a few things I said last time.

...You guys truly are the most exciting and interesting group of people I've ever had the privilege to have in my life. It never matters where we are, from car meets to hanging around in someones house, you all never fail to surprise me and make me feel like family.

...I have now realized that you guys are my friends to keep. As said by one of you, "The past is the past and we should keep it that way. No matter what happens, you're still my friend and I won't give that up till the day I die." For those in my life, I will never give you guys up that easily ever again. I realized how much you all mean to me, and I'm not willing to lose it. I care about you, and I love you all, and to call you guys friends-- well, you're all more like family.

...There is no other group (even including my own) that I would rather be making memories with. Every day I'm with you guys is an experience and I look forward to seeing you all whenever I can. Thank you for being right beside me making memories. Even though I haven't been around you guys long, they're still the favorite memories I have.

...My last article was so wrong, and I apologize for being so dramatic. "Goodbyes" were never said between us. As I should've guessed it, it was just "see you soon" (even though I should say more like, see you guys all the time.)

I think there's only one thing left to do here...

To that great person, what a long way we've come. The friendship we've maintained means the world to me, and I'm sure you know it. To this day, being in your life is still one of the most crazy and wild rides I've been on, and I can't explain how unbelievably lucky I am to know you. Without you, my life could not have been as spectacular as it is now. I wouldn't change it for the world. Through all the bad, and the good, I have your back, and I like to think you have mine. Thank you again for introducing me to these fantastic people... the boys you call your brothers.

To that tall kid with glasses, I know you so much better since the last article, and I'd like to thank you for all the support and kind words you've had for me, even though you shouldn't have them. It means a lot.

To that shorter kid with glasses, oh boy. What to even say? You and your girlfriend are kept so close to my heart. You both are my cheer up, my go to's, and the sweetest people I know. Without you both, I think I'd be falling apart. When no one else believed in me or supported me, I had you guys right there. I love you both so much.

To that kid in Pennsylvania, you're probably the most sensible one of the group. Like you said that night at the car meet, you're stupid, but not too stupid (just like me.) As I've gotten to know you better, the more happy I am to have you around. Every kind word you've said has been taken to heart, and I want to thank you for making me realize I'm part of the family. You're the best.

To that other kid with the mustang, I don't see you often at all, but I will always remember how sick your car looked the day we all took a little trip to bear mountain. And to your girlfriend, you're such a sweetheart. Hopefully next time we try to plan to go somewhere, we can actually make it happen.

To my new best friend (the youngest one around), (as I promised, you made the article) is there a day when we're not together? Thank you for keeping me occupied, and for letting me be my crazy self. No matter what's going on in my life I know I can go to you and tell you. When I first met you, you were just some random kid in the backseat of a mustang, and now we spend every day together. Who would've known? Thank you for the support.

Thank you boys for everything. Every adventure, every conversation, and every memory. To be honest I feel as if I have not even scratched the surface on how I feel about you all, but hopefully this article will at least put a smile on your faces.

I still don't know what is going to come next, and I can't tell you what tomorrow will bring, but I know the future is going to be very bright as long as I have you guys around.

...I had been so wrong before... this is not goodbye. It's just the beginning.

I love you all so endlessly. Thank you for keeping me around, for making me happy when I can't even see through the day, and for always having my back one way or another. I may not be close with you all, but you've all touched my life in some way, never doubt that.

Lastly... here's to the memories that will keep on coming. Whatever we do, wherever we go, I know it'll have the same exciting magic as the first time.

Love always, your not so temporary (best) friend.