Another Clarisonic Review

Another Clarisonic Review

Is it worth the hype?

9
Clarisonic brushes

Is skincare a priority to you? Are you in the works of creating a new routine for the new year? What about trying a new product to add to your regimen? Well, you've come to the right place, my friend. I, myself, am a skincare junkie and I even want to be a dermatologist when I grow up!

I recently purchased a Clarisonic brush as a Christmas gift for myself. I have to say, it has been worth every penny. I have been dealing with acne since fifth grade. I know, shocker. What started out as a "you just need to use face wash" has now turned into a battle that my dermatologist and I were determined to conquer.

We now know what the REAL problem is and I am now using a prescribed cleanser, two topicals a day, birth control, and 75 mg of a prescribed pill that has done wonders for my skin. Yeah, I have hormonal cystic acne; a real beast.

Now, ever since Clarisonic released their first brush heads in the early 2000s, almost every beauty guru has sworn by them. After watching review after review after review on Youtube along with my dermatologist swearing by hers, I decided that If it's good enough for her and Tati Westbrook, it's good enough for me. So, I finally caved in and bought one.

As of now, there are two brushes that are "formulated" for women. I believe there is another one for men and is targeted for their skin. It's absurd that brands still brand products for men and women. I digress. So, I purchased the cheapest available option at my nearest Ulta.

I have only been using my Clarisonic for two weeks and my skin has experienced the worst of the worst and the best of the best. From the reviews that I have either watched or read, your skin is supposed to go through a "purging" stage. The brush supposedly cleans six times better than your hands. So your skin breaks out for the two weeks because all of the bacteria trapped in your skin is finally coming up to the surface. I broke out on my forehead, which has never happened before, and my cheeks. However, with the two weeks coming to the end. My skin looks and feels wonderful.

There are also added benefits from using your Clarisonic every so often. I try to stray away from using it from the recommended twice a day use. The brush head feels like it cleans too much. So I stick to using it only during the days that I wear makeup and only use it at night.

However, I have noticed that the fine lines on my forehead have slowly disappeared, my enlarged pores on my cheeks and nose have greatly decreased, and any and all of my blackheads have simply vanished. Another great thing about the Clarisonic is that it leaves such a clean slate that any topicals and creams are absorbed into the skin better.

I highly recommend that you purchase a Clarisonic brush. There are so many brushes and brush heads to choose from, that you are bound to find one that is right for you. If you're looking to add something to your skincare routine go and purchase a Clarisonic (especially if there are any sales going on).