An Open Letter To The Best Big

An Open Letter To The Best Big

Forever thankful for our special bond.

261
Sydney Eisenberg

As spring rush for a lot of schools is approaching after winter break, I thought I'd spread some love and show some big appreciation. My big has become someone who has influenced me in so many ways while only knowing each other since August. So biggie, Surprise!! This one's for you!!

Dear Big,

Little did I know that four months ago, I would meet my best friend and fellow sister. When I got off the bus on bid day and saw you holding my name on a sign, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. From that moment on, we got to know each other more and I knew that you were going to be one of my best friends regardless if you were my big. We connected instantly and I'm so lucky that my bid day buddy became not only my big, but my at school mom and one of the most influential people in my life.

Growing up, I never had an older sister. I considered (and still do) some of my closest friends to be sister like figures, but I never had someone that acted just as an older sister would. You're the big sister that every girl wishes to have. I appreciate you more than you know. Thanks for the endless advice with school, boys, friends, and everything in between, for the dinner dates, and for spoiling me during big/little week. I'm so grateful for the things you've done for me and for the things that are to come.

I can easily say that you're my partner in crime. Although we don't spend every waking moment together, I know you'd be there at any hour of the day to help me with something or just to talk about how our days went. It's unbelievable that for the amount of time we've known each other, we have already made a bunch of amazing memories.

I think that having an unbreakable bond with your big is remarkable and is something that will last forever. I'm so comfortable around you and I know that you love me for me and nothing else. Explaining the special bond between big and little to someone who isn't involved in Greek life can be rather difficult. I'm lucky enough to make explaining our relationship easy. You're truly one of a kind and I can't express it enough but I'm so thankful to have someone as amazing as you.

Thank you for always keeping my best interest at heart, looking out for me no matter where we are, never judging me (especially with my artistic skills), and for being the best big in the game. You help keep me sane in moments of doubt and stress and I couldn't thank you enough for that as well.

I may not say it enough, but I'm beyond grateful to know someone like you and to have you as my big. I love you to the moon and back!!

XOXO,

The Luckiest Little