An Open Letter To Girls

An Open Letter To Girls

You are smart, you are kind, you are important.

15
An Open Letter To Girls
Thriving Single Moms

Dear Ladies,

It's a tough world out there. You go through so much with all of the body shaming, negativity, self worth/self love issues and so much more. You are constantly fighting a battle in your own mind about your worth and what you deserve. Some days you feel like you're on top of the world, and other days you feel like you're worthless. Your view of yourself is constantly changing based on the situations life throws at you. Well, I just want you to know that you deserve way more than you think. You may think you only deserve as much as you have had in the past, but you deserve so much more.

So many things can affect your sense of self worth. The littlest event can make you go from confident to disliking every aspect of yourself in a few seconds. You tend to base your self worth on what others think of you. But you should never let another person determine your self worth. People have a hard time liking themselves and sometimes take it out on others. Just because someone treats you badly, doesn't always mean it's related to you or something you did. Sometimes people are having a rough time and need someone to take it out on. It has nothing to do with you and how much you're worth because you are worth it no matter how anyone treats you.

People can bring us down so easily but you have to keep your head high. Never let any boy, any friend, any family member, or any stranger make you feel like you are less than amazing, special, and beautiful. You are a blessing and a light to people you may not even realize. You are loved by your family, friends, and people you meet even for a brief moment.

At your age, sometimes the way one guy treats you may affect your self worth so drastically. A guy may leave you hanging and you feel so confused and hurt. It was so unexpected and you just wish you understood why it had to happen. Why that guy couldn't have been the last one, the one you would end up marrying and being with for the rest of your life. But just remember you are one broken heart closer to finding your true love. It's a sad thing, but it's true if you think about it. You just have to be patient. In this society today, you see pics of couples that are "goals" on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media and it makes you want that perfect relationship right now because maybe you will be happier or more complete. But honey, your person will come along and when they do, you will realize why it was worth the wait.

Don't settle for the guys who make you feel good with their words in the moment and don't care to get to know you and respect you. Don't settle for the guys who try to get as many girls as they can. You won't mean anything to him when he's off trying to get the next girl to fall for his games. Be strong and stand up for yourself. Know that you deserve respect, love, and everything the right guy will give you. He will make you feel more loved than all of the other guys who were just trying to get something from you, combined. He's out there, just keep waiting for your Prince Charming.

You have to find a way to believe in yourself, in your abilities, in your strengths even when it's hard. Even when others may be against you. Believe that you deserve the best. Believe that no matter what you do, you can always come back from it and make things right. Believe you can do anything you set your mind to. Believe you are strong. Believing in yourself will make it easier for you to believe in others as well. In a world of so much darkness, someone has to be a light. Let that person be YOU.

Be the positive one that everyone enjoys being around. Be the girl who is always watching out for others but takes care of herself as well. Be kind to everyone and treat others how you want to be treated. Be the girl that is humble, amazing, full of inside beauty, and never let anyone make you feel unworthy. You deserve the best that life can give you.