The Price Of Beauty Should Not Cost Animals Their Quality Of Life, Say 'No' To Animal Cruelty

Fluffy deserves better.

94
Pexels.com

Look at this bunny.

Now imagine this bunny going through countless tests, being poked and violated all for the sake of some new makeup that some mega makeup company will make millions from.

Now take a step back. There are PLENTY of cosmetic brands that don’t harm animals to benefit the beauty industry and its consumers.

For the sake of convenience and cost, it’s easy to turn a blind eye to animal cruelty in the cosmetic industry. Fortunately, recent pressure to reduce the amounts of animal testing has led to several brands that are cruelty-free.

Is it really worth it to harm an innocent creature, scared and helpless, to feed the inevitable vanity of society? I definitely don’t think so. I know you may be wondering, “if it’s not tested on animals, how do I know it’s safe for me?”

Here’s the thing, companies who have to test on animals in the first place are *probably* not using ingredients that you’d wanna put on your face. Comparatively, companies who don’t test on animals are not releasing products to consumers blindly, merely hoping that the products will be successful.

Amidst all the impending political issues and other more “serious” issues, animal cruelty is not at the forefront of people’s minds. BUT, you’d be surprised that you don’t have to become a super earthy, hippie person to respect the autonomy of animals. In fact, a lot of popular makeup brands denounce animal testing and are proudly cruelty-free (yay!). Here’s a link with a list of these friendly brands to get ya started.

To put this whole issue into perspective, imagine being taken from your life, put in a cold and sterile environment then being injected with potentially painful products. Indefinitely. Sorry to be so harsh, but that’s what companies who test on animals do and it’s time to stop sugarcoating the issue.

These animals are not comfortable and their quality of life is significantly diminished.

Just because they don’t possess the ability to contest this treatment, does NOT mean that they deserve it.

Not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but there are other industries besides cosmetics that mistreat animals. Fashion is another one of the biggies. Fur coats and leather shoes may be all the rage but at what cost? You’re saying that using a different fabric to keep yourself warm during the winter is out of the question? What about the animals who also need their fur to stay warm? #triggered

Long story short, mistreating animals to support money hungry corporations and vanity is avoidable and WRONG. The use of animals as a food source is a whole different argument altogether, with many individuals holding different viewpoints on this subject.

However, I think that we all can agree, animals who are being kept alive and tortured simply because it’s easier than trying to find other ways to release ‘safe’ products is despicable. Treat the animals and, consequently, this earth with respect.