An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

Someday we will be able to sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch and talk about all the crazy things we did together.

39
An Open Letter To My Best Friend

To my best friend,

First off, I want to say thank you. Thank you for being there for me through the good and bad, the beautiful and the ugly and everything in between. I don’t know where I would be without you by my side. I’ve never been able to call someone my best friend until now, and I’m glad this feeling is mutual.

I couldn’t have asked for a better best friend; we pick each other up when we are down. I can always count on you. I don’t think either of us saw this coming, I don’t remember when we “officially” became best friends. I didn’t ask for you, but now I’m stuck with you, or should I say you’re stuck with me. Forever. I can’t imagine my life without you, there is no me without you. You’ve been there for me on some of my worst days, you’ve held me as I cried, you’ve been there every single time I’ve needed you. Some days you didn’t even have to say anything, I wasn’t looking for a pep talk or advice, just you being by my side and knowing that you were going to be there no matter what, lifted my spirits. Thank you for always believing in me. Thank you for never judging me. Thank you for being there when nobody else was. Thank you for telling me what I needed to hear, even when I didn’t want to hear it. Thank you for supporting me through my ups and downs. Thank you for telling me that I am worth it.

I hate not being able to see you every day, I really do miss you. I miss you all the time, even when you’re sitting next to me. We went from yelling to each other from across the cafeteria and running into each other’s arms every time we saw each other at school, to not being able to see each other more than once a week at the most. College got crazy, fall sports started and neither of us have a free spot in our schedule most days. Just know that I’m always a phone call away, no matter what time. I will always be here for you 24/7 because I know you’ll do the same for me.

I hope we grow old together. Someday we will be able to sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch and talk about all the crazy things we did together as teenagers. All of our inside jokes that we will never forget, our late night Taco Bell runs, and sitting around the kitchen table until 2am laughing until we couldn’t laugh anymore. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I probably don’t tell you enough but I am so grateful for you. Being best friends with you is a gift I get to open every single day. 20 years from now I’m going to look back and remember that you were the one person that could turn my frown into a smile with just a few simple words; the one person who lifted my head when I was losing faith in myself; the one person who carried tears on their shoulder after every fight, every break up, every death; the one person who accepted every decision I made, the one person who knew who I really was and the one person who made the biggest difference in my life… my best friend

One last thing I want you to remember- if there ever comes a time when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart I’ll stay there forever.

Love you always,

Your best friend.