An Open Letter To The Person Who Keeps Being “Too Nice” To Temporary People

Please stop, it’s draining.

53
Photo by Diego PH on Unsplash

If you are like me, you cling to temporary people because you don’t like change. Don’t cling to these people who fail to see your worth only because you don’t want them to leave.

I struggle with this on the daily for real. I am constantly giving disrespectful people a pass because I am “too nice” or maybe I just fail to see my worth, either way it’s not good for our souls.

Please don’t let these people disappear for days/weeks at a time and come back like nothing happened. Please understand that you don’t need any one and that you are fine on your own.

You don’t have to settle for people who don’t text you back or only text you when they need something. Please understand your worth and understand that these people are failing to see that. You don’t have to text them back right away when they decide to come back because you are “nice”, that is not being nice to yourself.

Please don’t make excuses for these people like I have because it will drain you always trying to figure out why they are going ghost or being dry. You need to understand that no one is “too busy” to send a 5 second text.

So if you are like me and struggle with being “too nice” to people aren’t even giving you the time of the day, please read this over and over. Please understand that being alone is way better than wondering why you aren’t “good enough” for someone to text back. Remember your worth and understand that you are always good enough.