Why You Should Always Prioritize Self Care

To The Person Who Gives Too Much, Take Care Of Yourself, Too

You love others better when you love yourself first.

1368

If someone is hurting you feel the need to drop everything and run to go save them. That's okay, I do too. If there is a problem that maybe you think you can do something about, you will drop everything again and run to go work on it.

The world has way too little people like us. We could do with some more.

When the conversation starts to dwindle and we imagine a lull in convo might be coming, we pull out a story that embarrasses you beyond all means. Because if everyone is laughing at you, they aren't laughing at anyone else.

But there comes a time when we need someone else to come help us. To drop everything and save us. A lot of the time no one comes. And that's really heartbreaking. The good thing for us is that we don't need anyone else. All we need is ourselves because sometimes that's all we're used to.

When you need to complete something or just really need to focus, become selfish.

Not all the time, just when you really need it. Ignore the voices that are saying I need you to come with me shopping, or I need you to tell me which shirt looks better with these shorts. (Unless it's super-duper important.) Ignore the outside voices that are distracting you from your ending goal. Sometimes you need to be selfish for your success and that is okay.

All we want to do is to take away someone's hurt, someone's pain. However, most of the time there's no possible way to do that. But by giving this person encouragement, some guidance, and time that's the best way to heal.

So to the person that overshares probably way more than they should, loves way too hard and gives too much, I see you. I appreciate you. Take care of yourself. Be selfish when you need to, it IS okay.