An Open Letter to the People I Coudn't Live Without

I'll be forever grateful for your pressence in my life.

5

To my favorite human beings,

I know I don’t remind you often enough how much of a blessing you are in my life. Maybe when we were created, God lined up our paths and destined us to be a part of each other’s lives. Or maybe he threw you into my family and now you’re stuck with me (there’s no getting out of that one!) No matter the circumstance, you are such a vital part of my world. You’ve dealt with all the crazy I’ve ever thrown your way and you’ve been with me this long. I couldn’t be any more thankful for you.

You’re my support when I need it. I know that no matter what, if I ever need something you’ll be the one I call. I know you’ll be there for me and I’ll always be here for you. You’re the one that is there to listen despite how trivial the matter or how many times you have repeatedly offered me the same advice. Sometimes all I need is for someone to listen and I know you will. You’re my rock that keeps me steady and a constant in my life I can always count on.

You’re the person in my best memories and funniest stories. You’ve experienced the greatest times of my life with me and you made those times even better. Nothing can take back or replace the time we’ve spent together or how much it means to me. We have so many memories that without you I don’t know what else I would have spent my time doing. We grew up together and in ways you grew into parts of who I am today. You’re the first person I want to call to spend my free time with and add to our ever growing list of adventures.

We’ve been through it all together. In every celebration and every setback, you were there for me. We’ve made it through more than a couple of fights and we’ve come out stronger than we were before. You’ve heard my whole story and probably know me better than I know myself. Through hell and back, we’ve been there and we’re still going.

If I lost you, I honestly could not tell you what I would do; I would be beyond broken. You’re the person I know I can fall back on and without you, I would be perpetually falling. If I lost you, I would lose an even bigger, irreplaceable part of myself.

You’re the person I couldn’t imagine life without. You’re my partner in crime, the one I wanna roll around in the nursing home with, and the one I want standing beside me on my wedding day. You’re my go-to, my number one, my ride-or-die. Thank you for being you. I know I don’t tell you enough but you’re the best I’ve got and I couldn’t ask for anything better. No matter what happens in this life, at least we have each other and I can always count on that, which is more than good enough for me.

Sincerely,

Your forever grateful friend