To My Lying, Cheating Stepfather: We're Better Off Without You

The days of abuse are over.

189
wordpress

Dear Narcissist,

Your time is coming to a close. After all the years of abuse and torment, your reign of terror will soon be over.

No longer will you be allowed to control every aspect of our lives.

No longer will you be able to make us feel like lesser human beings.

No longer will people think you are the victim.

It's over.

They will see you for what you really are, not for what you pretend to be. A control freak, an abuser, a liar, an all around mean person. Your behavior over the years will not go unnoticed, no matter how hard you've worked to turn it around on us. I must say, you have done a fantastic job of wearing the good father, great husband mask; but not everyone is as naive as those of which you have poisoned against us.

Think of all the memories you have destroyed for us by the way you acted. Every vacation, family outing, day trip, and school function ruined because of your meaningless arguments that seemed to just never end. Think of all the bonding you could have done with your daughter if you were just a nice person. Guess what? She is old enough now to realize that is not normal behavior. She sees through you like a pair of binoculars. She sees how you treat her mother, she hears the nasty words you call her as if it's normal to talk like that in front of a child or to a woman. She sees the emails and text messages. She sees it all. She knows.

All of the taunts, threats, arguments, humiliation, and degradation will come to the light. The days of threatening to leave us cold in the streets are over. We don't need you, we have each other. We have family who loves us and would never let us be without shelter. What do you have? Nothing. Your own family avoids you. I don't blame them.

The people who are on your side will soon realize how much of a lying cheat you are. They will see that you are the problem, they will see a side you would never dare to make public. Everything you say will lose all credibility. You will have nothing but the haunting echo of your own thoughts slowly eating away at you to the point where you will want to rip your hair out and scream. That's what you have to look forward to, a life with no meaning.

You would rather have "friends" and money than be there for your family, and that's sad. Friends are temporary, but family is forever. You will realize this when you're on your deathbed and looking around at an empty room. Your daughter won't be there--nobody will be there. And that's what you deserve. Be ready for what you have coming to you, because karma is sneaky, and she will surprise you when you are least expecting it. Enjoy spending eternity in hell, because that's where you're going. Have a nice life, loser.

Sincerely,

Your worst nightmare