An Open Letter To The Man Who Made Me Feel Worth It

You were a turning point in my life.

153
Lauren Barnette

You continue to let me be completely and unapologetically myself, and you have supported me in every endeavor since entering into my life. You never try to stop me from gushing about how amazing you are and trust me I never will. Every day you say or do something, honestly, multiple somethings, that make me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. From the start, it has felt amazing to be around you.

Everything you do and say has made me feel worthy of so much more than I have taken in the past, and you're all I could ever want going forward. I lay in bed at night and think about your adorable smile, trying to figure out new ways to make that smile happen, and I hope I never run out of new ideas for how to make you feel on top of the world.

When I'm with you, the smallest things you do mean the world to me. From remembering the most menial things I tell you, to giving me your undivided attention when I talk about my day or tell you a story from my past. You have me hooked, and this fish isn't putting up a fight. I cannot believe I had ever settled for anything less than how amazing you are, but I will forever be grateful that every decision I've made led me to you.

The path I'm taking with you has been my favorite turn yet. I wasn't expecting my life to change when it did, but I couldn't be happier with how things are than I am right now. You have made me see the positive in every situation, and continue to make me smile, laugh, and shine every day. You are something special, and I don't want to imagine life without the positive light you add to my every day. I can't wait to find out how much more I can smile, gush, and obsess over you for as long as you're mine.