An open letter to the guy I though was different.
Dating

26

Dear Guy I thought was different

You know who you are. I just want to get a couple things off my chest.

First, I want to say thank you. Thank you for being my friend, my ally, and at one point an important part of my life. Despite the fact that our relationship never went past the friend stage, I will never regret the time We talked. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so we were meant to be in each other's lives. Sure, I could go on and say that you missed out, how I'm an awesome person and all that stuff but that wouldn't do anything. We're both awesome people. Us never being a couple could never take away from that. Honestly, I still consider us to be friends no matter where life takes us. I'm only one text or Snapchat away.

I do want to make one thing clear: I've moved on. I don't care what you've thought in the past or what excuse you were going to tell me this time. I'm seriously over it. Despite what you think. I'm over everything; the pointless drama, the over-thinking, and the self-doubt. I no longer care that you weren't interested in me in me anymore. I've Started a new chapter in my life. I’m ready to have new experiences and grew as a person. You've even noticed that I've changed. I care about you, obviously, but I know where we stand. Neither one of us needs to deal with the what-ifs or maybe-some-days. We both deserve loving committed relationships where the person you're with is 100% invested in you and vice versa. So maybe I am a text away, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be the same towards you as I once was.

If there's one thing about people that can get you down is that we're always disappointing. Either we're disappointing other people or disappointing ourselves. It is way too easy to break your own heart. I was guilty of that I think. I got too optimistic and thought we were on some path to greatest when in reality i was just someone who kept you busy while you were bored in a place you knew no one. When things didn't go in my favor, I probably placed the blame on you because I was upset. That wasn’t fair to you.

It took time for me to reflect and finally accept that you weren’t perfect either and that even though you said you did nothing wrong you never looked at it as if you were in my shoes. Whether it was bad timing, lack of compatibility, or maybe just the fact that I was getting the attention i didn’t it in so long it felt so right. At the time when I would blow up at you it seemed so horrible that you were ignoring me or you were busy but when I look at it now it's not a big deal.

To be completely honest, I'm glad we never met. I say that because clearly you meant something to me and if we would have met I know at least for me It would have been a lot harder feelings. Our lives may be going toward separate paths, but they're both paths of greatest. I'm absolutely happy with where My life is taking me and all I can say is that I wish the same for you.

Love,

The girl who will always care for you