An Open Letter To The Girl Waiting On A Snapchat

He’s not responding, he doesn’t care, and neither should you.

2559
Courtney Young

This is an open letter to all those girls waiting on a Snapchat.

Girl, after you read this, you need to put your phone down.

He’s not responding. Look, maybe he's busy, or maybe he doesn’t care, but neither should you. Stop making excuses for these guys that aren't treating you like you deserve to be treated.

I know you keep checking your phone, wondering why he kept you on read. Wondering why he’s not responding to your text. Let's stop the excuses.

Admit it, you’re not going to end up with him. Is this really how you want to start a relationship? Second guessing if he is interested?

My mom gave me some pretty real advice one day in telling me “sometimes, guys just aren’t that into you”. And that hard truth stuck with me. That was the advice I didn't want to hear, but I needed to.

And this isn't to say you aren't wonderful. Girl, you are beautiful, courageous, strong, intelligent and just over-all amazing. Look at you! You're a kick-ass woman. Yes, we all have flaws, but we are all also so beautiful in our own ways. Stop letting guys determine your worth. Who cares if he responds? Who even cares if he's interested? You're doing your own thing and being you, and that's the most amazing thing you can do. The right guy is going to notice you for being you, and he's going to agree that being yourself is what made him love you.

But I know what you're thinking. Everything is so much easier said than done. I'm not one to preach on this. I fall victim to the same behavior constantly. I'm not only writing this to girls waiting on a Snapchat, but I'm writing this to myself. And believe me, we have all been there.

In saying that, I know he's stuck in your head. When you see his name pop up on your phone screen you get butterflies and try to wait the appropriate 5-10 minutes before opening and responding.

This new world of technology has not only ruined dating but has made it easier to cower behind a computer or phone. If his primary contact with you is over the phone, then he's not interested or he's not interested in the right parts of you. There is so much he can hide behind on his phone.

I can't stand the guys who can "tell it like it is" over a text, but can't tell you things in person. Be a man. Be honest with me.

So ask yourself- do you still want to end up with that guy who's cowering behind his phone and probably talking to other girls? I know I don't.

Nobody should be deciphering messages. Is that how you want to spend your marriage? Deciphering every text, phone call and in-person conversation with your husband? I know want to be with a man. Not a boy, but a man. A man who loves God and wants to cherish me, love me, and have honest communication with me.

You deserve to spend quality time on you, not on a guy who can't even answer your text. He's made it clear where his priorities lie, and that's okay, just make sure you make it clear where yours are.

Next time he texts or snaps you at midnight, tell yourself I know I'm worth more than this. Because you are. Give yourself the advice you'd give a girlfriend or coworker about their love lives and tell yourself how beautiful, amazing and smart you are. Tell yourself that he does not deserve you if he's not interested in the right parts of you.

Now I don't think girls should be playing games with guy's feelings either. A lot of girls will play games with guys for the attention and that is wrong. I think playing with anybody's feelings is selfish and people always end up getting hurt.

No more games or mixed messages. Girl if he's interested, he's going to seek you out the right ways. The right guy will make you feel like a priority and won't keep you wondering. I'm not saying love is going to come knocking at your door, but you shouldn't always be sitting at the door waiting for the wrong guys.

So now, put the phone down, and go do something for you. The right guy will be at the door soon enough, and he won't keep you waiting.