To The Friends From My Past

To The Friends From My Past

I think it's time for all of this to be said.

310
To The Friends From My Past
The Glamorousones

To all of my old friends I no longer communicate with,

There is just a few things I want to say before I start this letter to you. If any of you are reading this, just know that this letter is not designated to one specific person. Earlier this week I was thinking about all of the friendships I've had before, and I realized I've had a lot of them end on bad terms with no mature conversation about what happened. So instead of reaching out to each individual person, I figured an open letter to all of you would be the best possible solution for me. Some of you are more than likely okay with the way things ended, and that is completely fine. However I am not, and I truly believe this letter will bring me closure. With that being said, here are some final thoughts I have for all of you.

Some friendships just aren't meant to be, and that is okay.

Seriously, it is. A friendship in a way is just like a relationship. You have to have things in common with each other, you have to be able to trust each other, and you have to be able to communicate with each other effectively. I can recall memories with some of my friends from the past, and I remember there were times I could not talk about something that was bothering me without that person starting an argument about it. I also recall times where I would feel so upset because I trusted a friend with a huge secret, and that secret was out in the open for everyone to hear the next day.

While at the time I held grudges about things like that happening, I don't anymore. Sometimes people don't "click" with others, and they don't feel the need to be loyal to someone who has told them a secret, or they don't feel the need to actually listen to someone else's problems. Those are all things that are out of my control, and if they are actions that you wanted to go through with, that is your right to do so. I have no right to hold any grudge towards anyone, but I do have the right to eliminate people like that out of my life. That does not mean I hate you, and that does not mean I will speak badly about you. Like I said before, some friendships just aren't meant to be, and that is life. No need to dwell on it, all you can do is move on.

Just because we aren't friends anymore, doesn't mean I wish anything awful to happen to you.

Life happens. People who I thought were my friends have hurt me, and I'm sure at some point I have hurt someone else. That hurt and pain might have caused our friendship to end, but that does not mean I want any of you to continue to feel hurt, and I do not wish anything bad upon you. I want all of you to do good in life. Just because we aren't friends anymore doesn't mean I absolutely have to feel a hatred towards you, because I don't. I feel like people think that they have to be so cruel towards someone once they aren't friends anymore, and that is the worst way to act. Why be cruel to someone you never have to speak to again? They are out of your life anyways, so just let it be. Friendships may not always work out, but that doesn't mean you have to wish harm on someone.

Things are exactly how they're supposed to be.

I am trying to find a way to say this without sounding petty, or immature. Maybe it's just best that I say it like it is. If we were meant to be friends, we would've never stopped being friends in the first place. I sincerely hope you don't take that as me trying to be mean, because that would defeat the whole purpose of this letter, but it is true. I have friendships now that have gone flawlessly, and they have been around for years with no end in sight. However, the fact that we stopped being friends in the first place probably means we were never meant to be friends to begin with, and that is okay. I debated even saying this but I think it needs to be said, this letter was not written with intentions of making up with anyone.

Like I said earlier, some friendships just aren't meant to be, and they never will be. I am a person who cherishes my friendships dearly, so I know that if a friendship ends when I am involved, it is not over a small argument. Something serious must've happened that would've caused the friendship to fail, and for that I think it is better that things ended the way they did. The whole purpose of this letter was to say that even though we aren't friends anymore, and there's a great chance we probably will never be friends again, I still hope the best for you. I hope everything is going amazingly with you. I have no animosity towards any of my old friends, and if I ever ran into you somewhere I would have no problem saying hello to you. Things are just better the way they are now.

I hope this letter brings you the closure that it brought me.